Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Problems with 25 bus at Mithras House before match

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Basically, I was with my brother, his missus and my 2 young nephews, 1 of which is in a wheelchair, waiting for a bus at Mithras House. Got told by a steward that because P&R buses were caught up in the Lewes Road traffic, we should get a number 25 bus.

So a 25 bus turns up with space for a wheelchair, but some Brighton fans shoved in front to get on first. After being let on by other Albion fans, we get the wheelchair onto the bus and then the driver turned round and said "you aren't bringing that on my bus" whilst pointing at the wheelchair. This is despite the fact there was still space on the bus itself. He then told us to get off the bus to let others on. Once he did that, he got out of his cab to have a go at us and he didn't like it when we told him that it was classed as discrimination, to that he got back in the cab and drove off !!

Another bus turned up but that was full up but when another P&R bus did turn up, the great stewards made space for us to get on and without them we may not have made the game !!

Complained to the bus company and they will be investigating, the person we spoke to on the phone was in her words "disgusted".

Poor form by the company - just shocking treatment by the driver, it upset my nephew too as he thought he wouldn't make the game today.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Wow that is shocking! Breaches the Equality Act 2010. I would expect an apology at the VERY LEAST, that is serious discrimination.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
People can be such selfish sods, I can genuinely and honestly say I would have supported you if I had been there. Bus drivers provide a service for the public and in my opinion, some of them are bang out of order. I had a minor row with one particular arsehat who purposefully and spitefully drove straight past a stop, waving his hand at the bus behind. He was a 5, the one behind is a 5b which goes off a bit differently in Hangelton. I got the 5b which overtook the 5, so I got off and when getting on I had words with the driver who said, "I'm running late and need to catch up" in a massively arrogant way. I said he was bang out of order to dismiss customers like that, and I strongly believe that.

That said, they are under stress and today especially with the ridiculous siutation on Lewes Road. No work being done today so why congest it even more? Ridiculous and the council should take a lot of the blame for the transport problems today. The road should not have had a lane closed off.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Once the 'improvement work is complete (and that will take all this year, Lewes road will be just one lane!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Already got a result with this. The company reviewed the on-board CCTV and agreed what the driver did was unacceptable and they will be facing disciplinary action against them.

An inspector visited my brother and his family this afternoon with a basket of fruit as an apology.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Already got a result with this. The company reviewed the on-board CCTV and agreed what the driver did was unacceptable and they will be facing disciplinary action against them.

An inspector visited my brother and his family this afternoon with a basket of fruit as an apology.

Good for you and your brother that they've been so responsive; bad that is happened in the first place.

Wow that is shocking! Breaches the Equality Act 2010. I would expect an apology at the VERY LEAST, that is serious discrimination.
It's also a breach of Regulation 12 of The Public Service Vehicles (Conduct of Drivers, Inspectors, Conductors and Passengers) (Amendment) Regulations 2002:-

12.—(1) This regulation applies (subject to regulation 15(1) (duties requiring the proper functioning of equipment)) in relation to a driver and a conductor of a Schedule 1 vehicle.
(2) If there is an unoccupied wheelchair space on the vehicle, a driver and a conductor shall allow a wheelchair user to board if—
(a)the wheelchair is of a type or size that can be correctly and safely located in that wheelchair space, and .
(b)in so doing, neither the maximum seating nor standing capacity of the vehicle would be exceeded.

http://legislation.data.gov.uk/uksi/2002/1724/made/data.htm?wrap=true

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
That is awful! They seem to be quite good with their responses; I complained about the buses on Saturday and got a long apology email and a couple of saver tickets.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
You mean bus passengers? At busy times of day, they outnumber car passengers on Lewes Road quite significantly.

No silly. there are far more car,van,lorry drivers & passengers than bus passengers on the roads at any time of day, never mind busy times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here