Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

problems piling up

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I am on a regular basis
IMHO as I don't go to the Amex or to away matches, I try to glean as much information as I can from this board and replays on "Player" and hope I can at least give some sort of opinion looking from the outside so to speak (sometimes that can be better than being on top of any problems)
looking at things as they are it can only go one way unless someone instills some passion into the club as a whole, I think Gus done that probably to his own detriment, the club either need to throw a wobbly with the lower management and players or maybe lead from the front by taking a gamble.
all the FFP is being adhered to for a reason again IMHO it is to keep the club legal so at a later date it can be sold (I mean lets face it Tony is businessman as well as a fan) and this soon er than later, this is of coarse only my personal opinion, but I have noted others who are thinking along the same lines
upshot is its all about PASSION and in the moment in time where is it?

If you get your information from this board then no wonder that you're so wobbly and all at sea.

Just take a deep breath and calm down; at your age you've experienced the Albion roller coaster for long enough to realise that a change of manager plus a wicked crop of injuries is bound to take its toll.

Enjoy the absence of the negative passion that accompanied Gus and leave the wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth to the hot heads, the slow-witted and those who haven't the experience to know better.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Last season Liverpool went into December with just 16 points, these things take time.

I am more than happy to have Oscar here and rebuild the side, he has got a job to do with what he inherrited from the Poyet era. We were a side that kept the ball well, but mostly in our own half, and we were not well rehearsed with attacking ambition or great set pieces.

We created plenty of oppotunities today and we either didn't take them, or we made the wrong decisions.

At the end of the day it was a good point away and it gives Oscar a list of issues to educate the players on this week. Not forgetting all the injuries he has to deal with.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
To wish him harm in his future job is just spiteful imo.

I wish him neither harm nor unharm. I just want to watch what will almost certainly prove to be a highly amusing period as his ego and temperament fail completely to cope with the realities of being a Premier League manager under pressure with a far less supportive chairman than the one he just blew out of the water.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Whether people care to admit it or not losing Poyet was a MASSIVE loss for the club, regardless of circumstances. Ok, he had a bad day at the office today but I am sure he will keep Sunderland up and at least the guy had something about him. Garcia is pretty much nondescript.

He won't keep Sunderland up US. Maybe a REMF bet brewing here if you think he will. Btw that's no reflection on Poyet at all.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wish him neither harm nor unharm. I just want to watch what will almost certainly prove to be a highly amusing period as his ego and temperament fail completely to cope with the realities of being a Premier League manager under pressure with a less supportive chairman than the one he just blew out of the water.
Looking forward immensely to him imploding and doing a Di Canio before Xmas

You have a strange way of not wish him harm.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If you get your information from this board then no wonder that you're so wobbly and all at sea.

Just take a deep breath and calm down; at your age you've experienced the Albion roller coaster for long enough to realise that a change of manager plus a wicked crop of injuries is bound to take its toll.

Enjoy the absence of the negative passion that accompanied Gus and leave the wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth to the hot heads, the slow-witted and those who haven't the experience to know better.

I thought that was more or less what I was saying
plus I am sure all those(Portsmouth, Coventry, and luton and many other clubs) were all saying the same don't worry things will be all right + I also remember some saying this the season we just escaped the Southern League that day at Hereford.
we need someone with some passion to get a grip of things at the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here