Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

probably get in trouble sharing this but....

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Its quite amazing what stuff costs the NHS. Recently someone I know had to have a skin cream made up specially and it was bought as a NHS prescription charge. The tub consisted of vaseline and liquid asprin and was charged to the NHS at £750!!!!

Can't really argue with that. But the problem has undoubtedly got worse over last 10 years or so!

I don't know, it would be interesting to see the stats from benefit fraud. I am a lefty by the way and I can't abide benefit fraud or people conning the system either.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm afraid I fail to see that the family in question have done anything in any way untoward although I can quite understand people being miffed. The problem is surely in NHS logistics and the charging system that has been negotiated and accepted between the NHS and its suppliers and the ineptitude of governments who fail to excise the inefficiencies. If someone (and by the sound of this the whole family may be affected) has a coeliac condition then feel for them rather than criticise them because it can be genuinely debilitating.

The figure will probably never be known. It will be impossible to eliminate benefit fraud.

There are stats on the internet, it just needs trawling through to see what they actually are.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I'm afraid I fail to see that the family in question have done anything in any way untoward although I can quite understand people being miffed. The problem is surely in NHS logistics and the charging system that has been negotiated and accepted between the NHS and its suppliers and the ineptitude of governments who fail to excise the inefficiencies. If someone (and by the sound of this the whole family may be affected) has a coeliac condition then feel for them rather than criticise them because it can be genuinely debilitating.

fair play to your attitude mate, and it is the NHS costing that I have problems with. They should get vouchers from the NHS and buy the stuff from a supermarket for a fraction of the price.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
fair play to your attitude mate, and it is the NHS costing that I have problems with. They should get vouchers from the NHS and buy the stuff from a supermarket for a fraction of the price.

Amen to that :thumbsup:

Why it isn't that simple completely beggars belief for any rational thinking person but is perhaps explained by a service that is top heavy in administrators but lacking effective accountability and centralised audit

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
A well thought out reasoned response ... I think vulture will struggle to argue with the logic in that?

Well done. :bowdown:
sorry,
i just get wound up with everyone blaming the lefties for all the countries problems.
ive been a member of the labour party for YEARS..i hate scroungers and benefit thieves as much as the next man.
just really winds me up when i see people blame labour for everything.
i shouldnt let it get to me....but i do

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
no it wasn't. about £100 maybe for white soft paraffin and salicylic acid. still too much in my opinion. I used to make it up for a fraction of the cost, but you can't any more. sad state of affairs...

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
sorry,
i just get wound up with everyone blaming the lefties for all the countries problems.
ive been a member of the labour party for YEARS..i hate scroungers and benefit thieves as much as the next man.
just really winds me up when i see people blame labour for everything.
i shouldnt let it get to me....but i do
Admittedly vulture's approach doesnt do him any favours , but labour ARE to blame for a lot of the country's problems.

Admittedly vulture's approach doesnt do him any favours , but labour ARE to blame for a lot of the country's problems.

Yes they are Bushy, but in mine and a lot of others peoples opinions the problems go way back to the early eighties.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yes they are Bushy, but in mine and a lot of others peoples opinions the problems go way back to the early eighties.

I know what you're saying , but in my opinion, drastic measures were needed at the end of the seventies , early eighties, you obviously remember those times so you must agree that we were in serious shit as a nation at the end of the winter of discontent ?

I once spent a year working in a retail pharmacy. One of our regular customers was an old man with a heart condition and a weekly prescription for half a bottle of brandy.

It probably did him more good than any regular medication.

Harold Wilson was prime minister at the time, btw.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The problem with benefit fraud is not only how you prevent it but how do you punish it. Fines won't work and imprisonment ends up costing more. Granted there has to be a better way of rationalising benefit payments as this example is absurd.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I don't condone how Vulture said it but isn't this exactly what he is doing but in reverse ? i.e. he blames the Labour government but many Labour supporters still blame the Thatcher government despite over 15 years of Labour government ?

Very strange !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here