Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prizefighter and Anthony Joshua LIVE on SKY tonight

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
It is what it is, it's Prizefighter it's not meant to be a serious boxing event and it's a lot more enjoyable than some of the dross put on recently

But it's not how the competition started out, it was fighters of a certain level in effectively boxings answer to 20/20 cricket or Pot Black, but this is crap, when Toney beat Nunn it was truly a classic fight, and in his prime it's clear why Benn or Eubank never went near him, but him and the Wooo bloke, it's a joke.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
But it's not how the competition started out, it was fighters of a certain level in effectively boxings answer to 20/20 cricket or Pot Black, but this is crap, when Toney beat Nunn it was truly a classic fight, and in his prime it's clear why Benn or Eubank never went near him, but him and the Wooo bloke, it's a joke.

That's the Hearns for you, cater for the lowest , it's turning out like a night at the darts

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Spot on Ian, couldn't have put it better myself

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

Matchroom have obviously thought the Toney factor coupled with Joshua on the bill will sell the tickets and bring in the viewers which may be correct. But this card is mostly damaging for boxing as any casual fan will run a mile after this shite. The level of conditioning is probably better on the grand slam of darts one channel up.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Flip me did they get this Croatian off a local building site?

To be fair he was tough and took some big punches. At this stage of his career Joshua won't face many fighters who pose a threat it's more about giving him 6/10 fights where he gets rounds under his belt and gains some experience.

Could see him fighting the winner of Prizefighter sometime next year as that would be a step up.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Worth noting that the fighter who Joshua took apart almost at will last night went 6 rounds with Hughie Fury a couple of months ago.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Worth noting that the fighter who Joshua took apart almost at will last night went 6 rounds with Hughie Fury a couple of months ago.

Did go on a nothing but pie diet and get Flintoff in as trainer in that time? He was awful! Yes he was tough but he needed to be. Did Joshua even get out of first gear?

Joshua can only beat what is in front of him which he has done so far without breaking a sweat. Time for a big step up in class me thinks because he's not going to get many rounds if they keep sticking him in the ring with 3rd and 4th rate fighters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here