Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Prize money for finishing 6th in the Premier League this season

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At c£2.2m per place, starting with Championship-bound Southampton and working up, the Albion will pick up a cool £33m for our ASTOUNDING 6th place finish.

How much does a monorail cost? Asking for a friend.
Enough to buy Colwill?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
At c£2.2m per place, starting with Championship-bound Southampton and working up, the Albion will pick up a cool £33m for our ASTOUNDING 6th place finish.

I appreciate I'm taking your question WAY too seriously but, in short, quite a lot!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

5 minutes of online research suggests it could set us back a few hundred million, maybe more. But if we add the 33 million to the TV money and profits from player sales, we can probably get it done. Just St Peter's Church to Calmer to begin with, extending to Lewes from 2028.

Will the journey be included in the match ticket though? Fingers crossed for a decent Sunday service.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I appreciate I'm taking your question WAY too seriously but, in short, quite a lot!
Croydon tramlink cost £200 million 23 years ago so I suspect a similar project would be 5 or 10 times that cost now.

Not sure it would be feasible but brighton being a compact city with high population density would be an ideal candidate for a tram network, I wonder if its very been considered??

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Enough to cover the 20% annual bonus received by each staff member and player of the Club - Im sure TB/PB factored that one in 👏

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Isn't it £100m plus the £2.2m per place?
The £2.2m per place is the prize money (or "merit payment" I think it is officially called), based solely on final league position.

But, yes, beyond that, every club gets the same c£84m just for being in the Premier League this season and, on top of that, there is the "facility fee" which you receive in proportion to how often you are on TV. I think that was something like £14-15m for us last year.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Croydon tramlink cost £200 million 23 years ago so I suspect a similar project would be 5 or 10 times that cost now.

Not sure it would be feasible but brighton being a compact city with high population density would be an ideal candidate for a tram network, I wonder if its very been considered??
Trams? TRAMS?

We don't want cocking TRAMS! We want a Magical Monorail... :albion2:

'ever been'?

Well yes, actually...

2Q==.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
5 minutes of online research suggests it could set us back a few hundred million, maybe more. But if we add the 33 million to the TV money and profits from player sales, we can probably get it done. Just St Peter's Church to Calmer to begin with, extending to Lewes from 2028.

Will the journey be included in the match ticket though? Fingers crossed for a decent Sunday service.
St. Peters provide a decent Sunday service already I believe.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Enough to cover the 20% annual bonus received by each staff member and player of the Club - Im sure TB/PB factored that one in 👏
The bonuses are covered by the insurance policy Tony took out in January.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The £2.2m per place is the prize money (or "merit payment" I think it is officially called), based solely on final league position.

But, yes, beyond that, every club gets the same c£84m just for being in the Premier League this season and, on top of that, there is the "facility fee" which you receive in proportion to how often you are on TV. I think that was something like £14-15m for us last year.

Season 2021/22 our total broadcasting income was £126m. Finishing 9th and without the FAC run.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
'ever been'?

Well yes, actually...

View attachment 161378
Trolley bus, and yes, I'm old enough to remember them in the Old Steine.

@drew Yesterday Bozza posted a link to where Bloom had already offset the Europe qualification bonus with another company, so that's already in the pot.

@Icy Gull don't forget Sanchez going the other way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here