Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Private Seat Licences

Lush

Mods' Pet
Now that we're reaching capacity and looking good for the Premier League sooner rather than later, is anyone thinking again about one of these - especially if you have a prime seat in a good position?

I can't imagine ever giving up my seat, but circumstances do change, and my daughter could easily move away at some point leaving her seat free. This would mean that I could transfer it to someone else.

When they were first offered they were £495 (or £39 deposit then £38 over 12 months). I can see this changing if/when we get to the Premier League.

Any thoughts? Anyone got one? Anyone bought one recently?

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
What are the benefits of getting one?

Means you'd be able to sell on your season ticket should you want to get rid, rather than just handing it back to the club to sell on to the next person on the waiting list.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Means you'd be able to sell on your season ticket should you want to get rid, rather than just handing it back to the club to sell on to the next person on the waiting list.

Is it something you can do at anytime? Can't see myself ever selling mine so I don't see the point for me. Got a right touch when I was moved to the East Upper in the summer :)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I have one just incase my circumstances change. I live in London and work away a lot so it's gives me some security.

Lush

Mods' Pet

Also means that if someone desperately wants one or two really good season ticket seats, they might pay you a few grand to take over your Private Seat licence (obviously they'd have to buy the season ticket on top).

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What happens if the club changes the organisation of seats within the ground - say if your seat became a designated away area, or they expanded or moved the family stand?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wasn't there going to be a website page for the buying and selling of these, in a sort of Albion commodity market stylee? Pretty sure there was a mock-up of such a page in the initial set of Falmer bumf. Did it ever get up and running? Not heard anything about it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

And they cannot ever move you from your seat. Whilst clubs generally offer the season ticket to the incumbent it's not unheard of for some clubs to reconfigure stands and move people. With a license you're safe.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wonder how many of the original 17,500 s/t holders bought one?
The presentations in the glorified portakabin, finished with a slick sales talk from a financier plugging them.

I didn't bother, neither did anyone else I know.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
And they cannot ever move you from your seat. Whilst clubs generally offer the season ticket to the incumbent it's not unheard of for some clubs to reconfigure stands and move people. With a license you're safe.

I thought some were moved in the early weeks of the first season?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought some were moved in the early weeks of the first season?

This is the theory anyway. If they had PSLs then they should check the contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here