Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] private jet from nice to biggin hill tomorrow morning

I thought maybe there was a separate VIP terminal at Gatwick for private jets away from the main North/South buildings on basis that there is at Manchester, which is a similar sized airport.
Private jets generally use either Biggin Hill or Farnborough. They are set up for that market. Can you imagine having your private jet from Gatwick but then having to queue up with all the easyJet passengers to get through security or baggage reclaim?

The Brighton squad have flown out of Gatwick regularly, pretty sure all four away Europa games and longer away day journeys like Newcastle.

They use a larger private plane (more like the size of a small easyJet) and use the Signature Flight Services "terminal" next to South Terminal.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
There is.
We had to use a few years back as shockingly our flight landed at the South terminal instead of the intended North.

Not quite sure how that happens or how close we were to a collision! Nobody knew what to do on arrival as wasn’t space to connect to the main south terminal and no keys to the ground floor access doors so we and luggage were bused to a separate building

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We had to use a few years back as shockingly our flight landed at the South terminal instead of the intended North.

Not quite sure how that happens or how close we were to a collision! Nobody knew what to do on arrival as wasn’t space to connect to the main south terminal and no keys to the ground floor access doors so we and luggage were bused to a separate building

What?
All planes land on the same runway regardless of which terminal they’re going to.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Is Gatwick not an option, or is it too busy with commercial flights?
Prior to the North Terminal expansion early 90s there was the GAT (general aviation terminal) parking area for private jets. Very few smaller aircraft at Gatwick these days.

During Wimbledon the cargo stands would often be stacked with a few jets. Agassi once had a 727 parked up there for the duration. Chelsea often used a 757 owned by Abramovich to fly out of Gatwick when playing in Europe. Same the Iron Maiden 757 which would occasionally make an appearance. These days as far as I know (long gone) most smaller stuff uses Redhill or Biggin Hill.
Is Gatwick not an option, or is it too busy with commercial flights?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Private jets generally use either Biggin Hill or Farnborough. They are set up for that market. Can you imagine having your private jet from Gatwick but then having to queue up with all the easyJet passengers to get through security or baggage reclaim?
Signature Elite Class at Gatwick is only £660!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Does anyone have a relation who is a taxi driver and may have picked up an Italian from Biggin Hill? If so, did he head to Lancing or Cobham??

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

A collision? Nothing like a little over reaction, Gatwick is a single runway. Pilots aren't dodging other planes trying to get a space like it's a Tesco carpark on Christmas eve.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I’d say pretty much zero chance of a collision. You didn’t “land at the south terminal”, your plane was directed there. It’s happened to me before.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’d say pretty much zero chance of a collision. You didn’t “land at the south terminal”, your plane was directed there. It’s happened to me before.
Yep me too, especially with airlines like easyJet who operate flights from both terminals, on occasion due to perational reasons the aircraaft may be needed to operate a flight from the other terminal, so rightly or wrongly you would be deposited back there.

No safety issue though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here