Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Priti Patel bullies staff and gets away scot free

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I agree with some of your post but I do object to you pitting private sector vs public sector. I've highlighted one point that is a fallacy. Swathes of the private sector have not had pay rises in the last ten years. My only pay rise came from changing jobs. Equally many people have been made redundant - myself three times. Covid has had a disproportionate affect on the private sector over the public sector - a huge amount of redundancies for example. My company has frozen any pay rises as well. I'm currently hiring engineers and 90% of the CVs I get are from people made redundant in the last six months - all private sector. And for the record there are millions of private sector employees that have also been working during lockdown. Finally the cost of furlough will not "be borne by the public sector" - it will be borne by every tax payer and that includes the private sector.

You dangle a carrot, and someone's going to bite.
You're under the mistaken belief that I'm pitting the private sector against the public sector. I'm not. That slimy, ambitious c*nt Sunak is. Yet that seems to have escaped your attention, and off you go.
And your argument is the typical Daily Mail nonsense, universalising from your particular case. But even your particular case contains a pay rise, as you've even acknowledged. So that's hardly a convincing argument is it.
And I'd invite you to go and have a look for some statistics about the pay of the public and private sector over the past decade -- rather than relaying your individual case, which is the equivalent of certain posters predilection for (attempting to) refute arguments by so generously sharing some youtube video. Go on. Then you might find that the point I've made isn't a fallacy.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You’ve lived in a bubble more like. People get cross and lose their tempers all the time. Because they’re human. Next you’ll be telling us you’ve never heard swearing at football. Why you bringing army suicides into things? Or are you linking shouting at some one to bullying to suicide. That’s a hell of a jump. I merely pointed out shouting in some work places is normal and to be expected. Of course today you’ve got to mould the entire institution around the individual made of snow, not fit the other way round.

"Lived in a bubble"?

He's already said he used to be in the Met. :ffsparr:

Please, please watch the QT video and stop trying to defend the evil dimwit Patel.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Far better to have young recruits take their own life’s,than have staff instructors who can actually train and educate young servicemen without bullying.

I wouldn’t say so. But bullying is a subjective term and if I joined the army and complained a sergeant shouted at me then I would say i’m probably in the wrong vocation. Really, the armed forces are a relic of the last century though. Killing people breaches every level of h&s.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
"Lived in a bubble"?

He's already said he used to be in the Met. :ffsparr:

Please, please watch the QT video and stop trying to defend the evil dimwit Patel.

Thought you were on ignore. I’ll fix that in a sec.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
You’ve lived in a bubble more like. People get cross and lose their tempers all the time. Because they’re human. Next you’ll be telling us you’ve never heard swearing at football. Why you bringing army suicides into things? Or are you linking shouting at some one to bullying to suicide. That’s a hell of a jump. I merely pointed out shouting in some work places is normal and to be expected. Of course today you’ve got to mould the entire institution around the individual made of snow, not fit the other way round.

No, you talked about shouting 6 inches from someone's face and maybe they should have rainbow laces in their Doc Martens - your inference appears pretty clear to me.

And yes I have heard and joined in some jolly old swearing at and when playing football, but have never knowingly bullied anyone!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Thought you were on ignore. I’ll fix that in a sec.

Every company i ever worked at , shouting and swearing at colleagues leads to a disciplinary hearing.

This is the perfect irony.

He's supporting bullying in the workplace but is too chicken shit scared to reply to a perfectly reasonable post. Instead, running away. Like a child, who is being bullied. :dunce:

Bullying is horrible and wrong. Being an apologist for it is worse. Yes, you Boris Johnson. Every time you think he can't sink any lower as a human being, he manages it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I believe that due to Patels bullying, a civil servant at a previous dept that had the misfortune to have Patel as a Minister attempted suicide, and was awarded £25,000 from the public purse in compensation.
So, not so much of a jump, after all.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I wouldn’t say so. But bullying is a subjective term and if I joined the army and complained a sergeant shouted at me then I would say i’m probably in the wrong vocation. Really, the armed forces are a relic of the last century though. Killing people breaches every level of h&s.

With regard to bullying during training, I can’t speak for the Army , but , the RN has certainly got its act together this century. When I joined at HMS Ganges in 75 bullying by staff was indeed accepted, and even encouraged. I was struck on more than one occasion, on the drill square and during other instruction. My point is though, that even then, the better instructors didn’t physically abuse recruits and, dare I say it, some didn’t even verbally abuse them, and they appeared to have got the same if not better results.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
With regard to bullying during training, I can’t speak for the Army , but , the RN has certainly got its act together this century. When I joined at HMS Ganges in 75 bullying by staff was indeed accepted, and even encouraged. I was struck on more than one occasion, on the drill square and during other instruction. My point is though, that even then, the better instructors didn’t physically abuse recruits and, dare I say it, some didn’t even verbally abuse them, and they appeared to have got the same if not better results.

It's the old "didn't do me any harm" line basically.

Usually trotted out by violent, angry types who it clearly did do quite a bit of harm to.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well I've read some absurd stuff on here, and have chipped in with writing a fair share of me own, but that accusation is a bit head-mental non? Other than his Tourette-ish defence of despicable and/or obscure 80's pop acts, [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] seems to me to be a thoroughly tolerable sort. And even on rare occasions likeable :wink:

Under your guidance I think I've learned to back off with the musical splatter (one post a day, by and large), and I'll take that kindly comment as it's meant :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
Old former skin head writes post after post defending a tory home secretary caught serially breaching her workplace code of conduct. The defence is that tory Bercow was also a bully. OK, mate....

Mussolini does something racist? Das Reich would defend him by saying that racism is OK because Hitler was also racist. Brilliant logic :facepalm:

Nothing like putting words into people mouths H well done
Regards
DF

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think you’re confirming you’re not what HWT is referring to as Gammon. The massive outrage at supposed antisemitism when never in their lives previously having any interest in antisemitism whatsoever I think is the point there.

As an aside, I was surprised at his testy retort. Why defend a criticism when it isn't directed at you? Unless....you think it should be. I wasn't intentionally fishing but it seems I accidentally caugh a tiddler. If I throw him back perhaps he'll swim off nicely :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here