Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Priti Patel bullies staff and gets away scot free

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
missing the point. It is an emotion. We all experience it. You have lacked control many times. Because you’re human. If it’s happening every five mins then yes I’d say you need help. But I would forgive you and not reach for the gun simply because you lost it occasionally and swore at me or in my presence. Still, gotta justify those human resource contracts somehow so I guess I’m on my own here. Snowflakery won. Carry on melting. How do you cope with trains being late incidentally?

You have proved you don’t know what bullying is. It isn’t shouting and swearing.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Your point being what exactly?
I might as well just say 'any one who didn't go on a BLM is a racist'. It's as sweeping and unfounded a statement as yours.
It's simply not related in any way. People protesting for the rights of black people are not 'snowflakes'.

My point is/ was

The world has changed from the one that I grew up in

We quite rightly have stood up to racism, sexism and homophobia amongst other things

How ever the world has now turned and the fingers are pointing the other way but is allowed to continue

I put a couple of examples to try and add a bit of context

You chose to target one of those and removed all of the other content to enhance your point

Just to agree with you no it doesn’t make them snowflakes but it doesn’t make others anything particular just because they don’t agree with you either

I’m happy to continue this discussion with you but can it wait until after the match please
That’s the whole point of this forum after all

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You have proved you don’t know what bullying is. It isn’t shouting and swearing.

You proved you can’t keep up. The debate evolved. Take your meds and hush now. We’re leading, so put a sock in it. I’m listening to the game.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
My point is/ was

We quite rightly have stood up to racism, sexism and homophobia amongst other things

How ever the world has now turned and the fingers are pointing the other way but is allowed to continue

You chose to target one of those and removed all of the other content to enhance your point

Just to agree with you no it doesn’t make them snowflakes but it doesn’t make others anything particular just because they don’t agree with you either

I’m happy to continue this discussion with you but can it wait until after the match please

Those so called fans posting on this thread shamelessly during play should take a long hard look at themselves. Unbelievable and just to get the last word too ffs.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
missing the point. It is an emotion. We all experience it. You have lacked control many times. Because you’re human. If it’s happening every five mins then yes I’d say you need help. But I would forgive you and not reach for the gun simply because you lost it occasionally and swore at me or in my presence. Still, gotta justify those human resource contracts somehow so I guess I’m on my own here. Snowflakery won. Carry on melting. How do you cope with trains being late incidentally?

I have never sworn at anyone in anger or in a loss of control at work. It’s something normal considerate people don’t do. It doesn’t gain any respect from your peers or get the best out of them. If you think it is “melting” - whatever.
In answer to your question - I catch the next one.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The great thing is that Patel is so damaged by this that if she even fails to smile at anyone at work now they'll be queuing up to file a complaint and go to the press.

She's finished.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I have never sworn at anyone in anger or in a loss of control at work. It’s something normal considerate people don’t do. It doesn’t gain any respect from your peers or get the best out of them. If you think it is “melting” - whatever.
In answer to your question - I catch the next one.

Bully for you and good luck getting on in this world seeing it only through your eyes and standards. For the lesser mortals however...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My point is/ was

Not sure this episodes is nuanced. As I said in the original post. And as [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION] reported, it gets worse, with suppression of information.

Not very bright but highly ambitious bully gets away with it, because she's one of fatty's useful idiots :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not sure this episodes is nuanced. As I said in the original post. And as [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION] reported, it gets worse, with suppression of information.

Not very bright but highly ambitious bully gets away with it, because she's one of fatty's useful idiots :shrug:

The bullying is bad the attempt to influence the result of the independent investigation and the refusal to accept its findings is much much worse...

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I always imagine Priti Patel would be a brutally honest sexual partner. I bet she's never uttered the words, "it's alright, it can happen to anyone".

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I honestly think Johnson hasn't sacked her because he loves leching at the filthy smug grin she has permanently on her face.

It's John Major and Edwina Currie all over again.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I always imagine Priti Patel would be a brutally honest sexual partner. I bet she's never uttered the words, "it's alright, it can happen to anyone".

You can say what you want about the Home Secretary but the words 'A Japanese Bullet Train' and 'Brutally Goes Like' unequivocally apply to her.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Agreed. Astonishing what they think they can get away with these days. Very depressing.

It’s going to take a long time to recover from the Trump and Johnson days of power.
This is the worst thing of all. We are now living in a " post truth" world where lies become facts if you say them often enough. Trump started it and Johnson has learned from him. The only recourse we have as as a country to challenge Johnson's lies is PMQ'S every Wednesday, and even then he lies again!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This is the worst thing of all. We are now living in a " post truth" world where lies become facts if you say them often enough. Trump started it and Johnson has learned from him.
To be sure, Boris isn't much good - indeed I'd go so far as to say he's pretty shit - but anyone who seriously compares him to mad Trump, trying to engineer a Hitler-like coup in the United States, even at the expense of a terrible blood bath if/when his NRA supporting nutjobs and other right wing loonies start piling in, needs to give their head a wobble.
Trump's madness will, if unchecked, cost lives all over the USA - and the mad ar*ehole has still got access to the nuclear button! Britain is a different place - the worst Johnson can do is take us out of the EU, with probably some damage to our collective economy. Bloodshed - or no bloodshed - which of the two unloved options would you choose?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is the worst thing of all. We are now living in a " post truth" world where lies become facts if you say them often enough. Trump started it and Johnson has learned from him. The only recourse we have as as a country to challenge Johnson's lies is PMQ'S every Wednesday, and even then he lies again!

Johnson was lying long before Trump was elected. In fact, that’s why he’s been put in office, because he blatantly lies, and doesn’t care.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here