Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Prisoner escape in France

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"So far 2 prison guards shot dead, 2 in critical condition after being ambushed by heavily armed men

The escaped prisoner has been named by French media as Mohamed Amra, 30

A huge man hunt involving hundreds of officers has been announced"

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sounds more of an animal. Best he’s shot on sight, save the execution and prison costs.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Reuters cites police sources saying the fugitive inmate, Mohamed Amra, is a 30-year-old drug dealer from northern France.

One of the sources said Amra is suspected of ordering a murder in Marseille, and has ties to the city’s powerful “Blacks” gang.

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
There would be guards in the back of the van, so they should be given carte blanche to execute the prisoner if there is a mortal threat. That might deter future attempts.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well he is in the right country for zero tolerance and probably will be shot on sight
A bit harsh on the French police - they take no shit admittedly but "zero tolerance" ?? I'd suggest the MET are far worse.

Hope the injured guards pull through.

My prediction is that they will track down the criminals involved, corner them, bit of a shootout happens - police kill the criminals

1715701855170.png

*I am slightly bias as I spend about a third of my time in France.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The wife of one of the dead policemen is 5 months pregnant, and the other has two children. Poor kids deprived of their fathers by this horrible escape.
It was quite a coordinated attack on the van, mafia style.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Good, we’re a civilized bunch in the EU.
Oh agreed. My post might have implied I agree with the death penalty - I don't. To make clear - I don't agree with the death penalty EVER for ANY reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here