Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Print at home tickets for the Wednesday game

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Maybe this is being tested for an app for people with smartphones for next season? Save the trees and all that! :D

The image of the QRcode already works on your smartphone, negating the need to print them out / carry them. Just screenshot a semi-close up of the QRcode and then put that under that scanner - Roberts your fathers brother.

I did it for 10 of us on Saturday.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Does anyone know why season ticket holders didn't have their smartcards loaded and just use those as normal?

Too sensible and easy.

Is there an added advantage in having STH doing this. Ok after STH claim deadline but not until then surely.

I think it might be because in previous years when Season ticket holders haven't secured their seat in time, they have brought a ticket elsewhere then used the season ticket to get the stewards to evict those in their Normal seats, because they didn't like the ones they brought. (Speaking from experience - Was moved even though my ticket clearly stated I was in the right seat)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it might be because in previous years when Season ticket holders haven't secured their seat in time, they have brought a ticket elsewhere then used the season ticket to get the stewards to evict those in their Normal seats, because they didn't like the ones they brought. (Speaking from experience - Was moved even though my ticket clearly stated I was in the right seat)

Surely they would be the first to be sold and the purchasers would have a printed ticket for that seat and a quick call on the intercom the stewards have would determine that the card is not valid for that seat, not a great problem.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
So you would think however said steward looked at the smartcard, looked at my ticket & deemed my ticket to be misprinted. You have to remember not all stewards have common sense let alone radios.

found a seat eventually, so it wasn't a big problem for me.

I was just offering up a reason as to why they no longer do it. Especially as it would seem sensible/easier to upload them.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

That still happened to me for the Arsenal cup last season, despite STH's not being loaded for that either.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Surely you can scan it via your smartphone? Saves all the hassle with creased paper ffs!!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I've been doing print at home all season and have had tickets scrunched up in my pockets and i've never had an issue with the new QR code tickets. If you smudged or printed the original barcode tickets badly they wouldn't work but the new ones are fine.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I selected for the club to send me an actual ticket. If they are going to charge a booking fee then they can pay for the postage

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here