Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Print at home alert.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Maybe they are expecting quite a lot of season ticket holders to buy tickets elsewhere in the ground, rather than their usual seats, so they need something that shows the seat numbers where they'll be sitting. We always buy different seats for cup games, just to try different places in the ground, and I know quite a lot of other STH doing the same for the Arsenal game

But even if that were the case, surely it would still be simpler to load it onto the card for those, like me, that will be using their usual seat?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Maybe they are expecting quite a lot of season ticket holders to buy tickets elsewhere in the ground, rather than their usual seats, so they need something that shows the seat numbers where they'll be sitting. We always buy different seats for cup games, just to try different places in the ground, and I know quite a lot of other STH doing the same for the Arsenal game

Soistes
May be wrong but when the short time for ST holders to grab their own seats expires, is it not a free for all, subject to points. Having a guaranteed seat with a ST is it not best to grab it now?

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Oh right. I'll stand down. A mere 5 hours now.

I didn't mean to be rude. In fact, and I'm sure we all feel like this, the problem is that whilst we all got the e-comm. Yes-pay transaction confirmation email. Until the tickets come through and are printed out we are going to continue to worry that there may have been a problem. I love my club but if I ran my business the way they run their's I'd be f*cked.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
If your print at home ticket doesn't work try loading it on your smart phone. The turnstiles will scan it off your phone

Make sure your phone's brightness is turned up high if doing this, I've had issues a few times (not at the Amex, but imagine it's the same for any scanner) as I generally have my screen fairly dark to save battery.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I didn't mean to be rude. In fact, and I'm sure we all feel like this, the problem is that whilst we all got the e-comm. Yes-pay transaction confirmation email. Until the tickets come through and are printed out we are going to continue to worry that there may have been a problem. I love my club but if I ran my business the way they run their's I'd be f*cked.

You didn't mean to be, and you weren't.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Must've picked the right time to purchase. I had to queue for all of 30 seconds!
As long as the PAH email arrives before the 25th, I'm good

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Have the club provided an explanation as to why standard ST holders haven't had their tickets loaded onto smart cards?

It means that some STHs don't have to worry about handing over their smartcard to an Arsenal fan who is going instead :lol:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I am sure this has been covered already so apologies in advance but if i buy a ticket as a season ticket holder does my card not get automatically updated or do i still have to print a ticket? Yours mildly concerned, HG

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I am sure this has been covered already so apologies in advance but if i buy a ticket as a season ticket holder does my card not get automatically updated or do i still have to print a ticket? Yours mildly concerned, HG

You choose either to have your ticket posted to you, to collect from the Amex or to print at home.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Only 1901ers get the match uploaded to the card , ordinary STHs have the option to print at home , have the ticket sent in the post or collect it from the ground.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
So our cards are not really that smart then if they cannot have matches loaded on to them, thought that was the whole point.

Still, a few pence to be earned in booking fees & postage I suppose.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
So our cards are not really that smart then if they cannot have matches loaded on to them, thought that was the whole point.

Still, a few pence to be earned in booking fees & postage I suppose.

That's what is strange though. They CAN and HAVE had matches loaded to them in the past. I haven't seen an explanation of why they chosen this game to change the process.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
That's what is strange though. They CAN and HAVE had matches loaded to them in the past. I haven't seen an explanation of why they chosen this game to change the process.

No, the silence is deafening.

No email for me yet. I bought my tickets at 15.54. I'm not worried, as I have the payment confirmation, but it's pretty pathetic really.

The club needs to tell us why our cards are no longer smart. It's irritating and environmentally unsound. Man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here