Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prince Charles to Marry

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Breaking news on the BBC

Prince Charles to marry Camilla

Prince Charles is set to marry Camilla Parker-Bowles, Clarence House has announced.
No date has been released at this stage, but reports have suggested 6 April is one possible date.

Last edited:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Middle Britain will be in outrage today.. aww bless. :rolleyes:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Parker Bowles was born and rasied in Plumpton, that makes here alright in my book :clap:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
If there's ever any such thing as Queen Camilla, it'll be time to leave the country.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm guessing there will no horse drawn carriage to the wedding - wouldn't want to confuse the big eared thick fella would we?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Cant imagine that, think it may pass on now!

Sky News take on it:

CHARLES TO WED CAMILLA

Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles are to marry.

Clarence House has confirmed reports they will wed, with the rumoured date April 6 in Windsor.

The 56-year-old heir to the throne and his long-term partner will marry in St George's Chapel.

Charles divorced the late Diana, Princess of Wales in 1996. She died the following year.

The Prince has in recent years given Camilla a more prominent public role, frequently taking her to official engagement.

But she had no official royal position and at engagements they were sometimes seated apart.

They first met at a polo match in Windsor, Berkshire, in 1970.

Their marriage will raise the issue of how she will be addressed, the possible options Princess of Wales or even, when Charles becomes King, Queen Camilla.

Royal commentator Jennie Bond told Sky News: "It's brilliant news. I've long said they should get on with this."

She said Camilla was a "very nice woman" but admitted: ""There will be quite a lot of hostility from those who do not like her."

Albion Rob

The Northstander said:

Their marriage will raise the issue of how she will be addressed, the possible options Princess of Wales or even, when Charles becomes King, Queen Camilla.

Oh, please let it be Princess of Wales, the Diana-maniacs will go absolutely MENTAL.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Radio Five Live are having a very heated debate now, and a leader of the Church of England states he will have to abdicate, due to Camillia being a divorcee.

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The Northstander said:
Royal commentator Jennie Bond told Sky News: "It's brilliant news. I've long said they should get on with this."

She said Camilla was a "very nice woman" but admitted: ""There will be quite a lot of hostility from those who thing she's a sour faced old boot that could scare off the 1998 Denver Broncos just by looking at them."

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It'll be a morganatic marriage, I imagine (there's a word you don't read often enough on NSC).

"No way to control it, it's totally morganatic", as the Pointer Sisters once put it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here