Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

prince Charles and Camila (the future king and queen) visit BBC radio

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Royal parasites.

research the families links to peado's, and also how much land on the planet they own.

Some will keep on waving flags and singing allegience to these inbred spongers.
I will be at the front of the queue to praise this countrys great tourist attractoin and tk swear my allegience to them and I am proud of that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He WILL become kng even for only 30 sec unless the queen outlives him. If he then abdicates it will go to the next in line which is William. The only way Andrew can become king is if Charles, William,George, and Harry die before the quen or so I was told on visit to the Tower last year by theo official guide when somebody asked about Andrew becoming king. At the time George hadnt been born but I have added him as a direct heir after William.

If this wrong then obviously the guide has got it wrong but I would assume that he has been asked the question before and has the correct official answer.

As I said, if someone abdicates, they abdicate for their line; ie offspring. Edward VIII/ Duke of Windsor didn't have any children but they wouldn't have become the sovreign if he had.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
I think you protest too much, perhaps your describing yourself.....

never protested in my life, nor sponged off a nation, nor owned 1/6th of a planet....so quite a strange claim from you...... i also don't look like a horse ;-)

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
I will be at the front of the queue to praise this countrys great tourist attractoin and tk swear my allegience to them and I am proud of that.

and others will blow themselves and others up due to "blind pride and blind allegiance." Dangerous people you blind allegiance cultists......funny with the royal cultists lot, they moan at those on welfare, but love the queen - who sponges tons of tax.

Proverbs; Pride goeth before destruction.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You know, if they were got rid of (as I believe they should be) tourists would still come for the Royal History. I don't propose knocking down all the palaces and burning every trace of them. Just be nice to stop them sponging off the state.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Can I ask, why?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
whats the gig anyway - we need tourist attractions? 80million live in a tiny island that has a massive economy and we want people coming to take photos of grey and cold palaces for what reason?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
we're not exactly inundated with our share of 'beautiful disney type' princesses though are we. More anastasia and drizella than Cinderella....

I appreciate i may not be the prettiest person to look at, and beauty isn't everything etc. But Disney created some pretty unrealistic targets :(

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
IF he abdicated, the crown would go to Andrew as you abdicate for your line, not just yourself.

oh, interesting... but then it seems this isnt the case. various european monarchs have abdicated in recent years, with the throne passed to their natural heirs. in the UK the monarch sits by virtue of an act of parliament, so it seems that in the event of an abdication parliament would designate the sucessor and i cant see them going anywhere off the current line. its often said that Elizabeth might abdicate in old age, following your point, the crown would go to one of Princess Margret's children, nver heard that possibility raised.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
oh, interesting... but then it seems this isnt the case. various european monarchs have abdicated in recent years, with the throne passed to their natural heirs. in the UK the monarch sits by virtue of an act of parliament, so it seems that in the event of an abdication parliament would designate the sucessor and i cant see them going anywhere off the current line. its often said that Elizabeth might abdicate in old age, following your point, the crown would go to one of Princess Margret's children, nver heard that possibility raised.
Which is one reason why she will never abdicate. The other reason is that she took a vow similar to a marriage vow, til death does she part.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can only go on what I was told by the official guide when looking at the crown jewells and I would expect him to have been given the correct answer. He said the next in line in succession would become the monarch so in this case it will go Elizabeth Charles William George irrespective of death or abdication. Incidentally he also said when Charles becomes king he is going to become King George VII in tribute to his grandfather not Charles III.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Royal parasites.

research the families links to peado's, and also how much land on the planet they own.

You seem to have a broken record,it forgot to mention your favorite, the Queen who is born in Britain is a foreigner.Time to update your playlist to the 21st century i think.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
You seem to have a broken record,it forgot to mention your favorite, the Queen who is born in Britain is a foreigner.Time to update your playlist to the 21st century i think.

How about plain old elitist/undemoratic and the apex of the class system!?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
As I said, if someone abdicates, they abdicate for their line; ie offspring. Edward VIII/ Duke of Windsor didn't have any children but they wouldn't have become the sovreign if he had.

I don't know, but that just doesn't sound right at all to me. At a glance all websites seem to indicate that if Brenda abdicated (no, I don't think she will) then Chas would get it, which rather scuppers your theory, no ?

From the telegraph - "86-year-old Queen shows no signs of passing on the top job to her 64-year-old heir, the oldest ever Prince of Wales"

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
How about plain old elitist/undemoratic and the apex of the class system!?

thats how the world works. what about all those class ridden undemocratic societies such as norway, denmark or the netherlands? you can strive for a fairer society and still have a monarchy. we have one of the greatest social security and public health systems the world has ever seen, and a monarchy. tilting at windmills, all this nonsense.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't know, but that just doesn't sound right at all to me. At a glance all websites seem to indicate that if Brenda abdicated (no, I don't think she will) then Chas would get it, which rather scuppers your theory, no ?

From the telegraph - "86-year-old Queen shows no signs of passing on the top job to her 64-year-old heir, the oldest ever Prince of Wales"

Here's the copy of the Duke of Windsor's abdication where it says 'I renounce the throne for myself and my descendants'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Edward_abdication.png

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

The Queen/royal family are German.

Keep up with the patriotism though!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Her nearest German relative was her grandmother Queen Mary. It makes her 1/4 German, half Scottish & 1/4 Danish/English.

The House of Windsor is the royal house of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth realms. It was founded by King George V by royal proclamation on 17 July 1917, when he changed the name of the British Royal Family from the German Saxe-Coburg and Gotha to the English Windsor, due to the anti-German sentiment in the British Empire during World War I. The most prominent member of the House of Windsor is its head, Queen Elizabeth II, who is the reigning monarch of 16 Commonwealth realms.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
The House of Windsor is the royal house of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth realms. It was founded by King George V by royal proclamation on 17 July 1917, when he changed the name of the British Royal Family from the German Saxe-Coburg and Gotha to the English Windsor, due to the anti-German sentiment in the British Empire during World War I. The most prominent member of the House of Windsor is its head, Queen Elizabeth II, who is the reigning monarch of 16 Commonwealth realms.

My Grandfather was Polish.

Does that make me Polish?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here