Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Prince Andrew interviewed about allegations

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Quite bizarre, but I'm not sure anyone is anywhere nearer the truth,

Much is being made of his visit to a Pizza Hut. Well I'd imagine his "people" have checked his movement around that time and it would be a high risk strategy for that to be a lie.

A picture is floating round of him sweating, but there are photographs of him in a very similar shirt that is actually made of a shiny fabric.

But we do know:

He only visited Woking twice and that was highly unusual and memorable. I've never visited Woking so I'd have to give him the benefit of the doubt,

Ten people having dinner with a recently released sex offender is not a party.

He stayed in the house where people were coming and going all the time and he didn't know any of them.

He stayed at a house where he only saw his host in the corridor.

Seems all very clear.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He is generally very low key for a major royal. Smacks of one of those situations where he is kept in the background by the royal family because they know what he gets up to and just want it kept quiet and him to be rarely seen and rarely heard. Which is why the queen giving consent for this interview is very bizarre. She know how the press works, she must have known this was going to be a disaster. I can't figure out the motivation behind letting him off the leash like this.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I bet his older brother is impressed he only had a northern pervert as a ‘friend’.

On one Christmas card that Prince Charles sent to the television presenter, who, as we now know, was interviewed by police in 2007, he wrote: “Jimmy, with affectionate greetings from Charles. Give my love to your ladies in Scotland.”
And Charlie’s support for paedo priest Peter Ball wasn’t too clever either...

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
I've got to admit that after seeing this interview I'm as clear in my thoughts about his behaviour as I was before I saw it.

He's trying the "move along, nothing to see here" approach, well, it's not washing with me.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
He is generally very low key for a major royal. Smacks of one of those situations where he is kept in the background by the royal family because they know what he gets up to and just want it kept quiet and him to be rarely seen and rarely heard. Which is why the queen giving consent for this interview is very bizarre. She know how the press works, she must have known this was going to be a disaster. I can't figure out the motivation behind letting him off the leash like this.

I imagine the narcissistic dickwad refused to listen to anyone and was insistent on doing it.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I was in Woking on December 16 1992.
And me. But also been quite a few other times for work along with an Albion friendly. Quite glad I can sweat or I would be concerned I was Savile.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
From a Sunday newspaper today...

The Times's cartoonist, Newman, seizes on the duke's statement that he doesn't remember meeting 17-year-old Virginia Giuffre.

His sketch pictures Prince Andrew in conversation with the Queen. She asks: "How was the Emily Maitlis interview?" to which the duke replies, "I have no recollection of ever meeting this lady, none whatsoever."

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He stayed with a convicted sex offender because he is "too honourable"!

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
I bet Fergie knows what he got up to which is why he’s never gone too far from her

from the mail:

Prince Andrew's ex-wife Sarah Ferguson has tonight defended the embattled royal as a 'true' and 'real gentleman' ahead of a 'no holds barred' interview.

The Duchess of York came out in support of her husband, praising him as a 'giant of a principled man' who 'dares to put his shoulder to the wind and stands firm with his sense of honour and truth'.

astonishing!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I imagine the narcissistic dickwad refused to listen to anyone and was insistent on doing it.

I imagine you’re correct. He is probably so confident of his ability to bullshit his way out of it he lost sight of the fact that people generally have good bullshit detectors.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
from the mail:

Prince Andrew's ex-wife Sarah Ferguson has tonight defended the embattled royal as a 'true' and 'real gentleman' ahead of a 'no holds barred' interview.

The Duchess of York came out in support of her husband, praising him as a 'giant of a principled man' who 'dares to put his shoulder to the wind and stands firm with his sense of honour and truth'.

astonishing!

The bit you missed was she was talking about two different blokes :whistle:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
from the mail:

astonishing!

so why did she leave him?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I can’t believe his PR advisors let him do this. Or if it was all planned they did a pretty shoddy job of getting him trained in what to say and what not to say. Epstein being found dead in his cell is going to save a lot of powerful people from some awkward questions. Very convenient.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here