Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pride Festival paves way for Opening Day fixture at AMEX

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Well if the FL say no, and we get drawn away, what happens on the 13th?!!!

I think we are guaranteed a home fixture now on the 6th

Play the first 2 games away from home (as Blackpool had to do this season I believe)! I think they just switched home/away ties with whoever they were meant to play that day.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Play the first 2 games away from home (as Blackpool had to do this season I believe)! I think they just switched home/away ties with whoever they were meant to play that day.

OK,

That works then, if the FL say no to the 6th, we can just switch with whoever we are playing away and guarantee the 6th at home!

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
The 6th August will DEFINITELY be the first game at the Amex, I guarantee it. The decision was made months ago trust me.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Excellent news. :clap2:

Pride at The Amex it is then.

I find this hard to believe...

Judith Manson, Pride Manger said "Unbeknown to Pride, Brighton & Hove Albion have previously requested an away match on the first weekend in August so they would not clash with the Pride celebrations, it is now our turn to return the favour."

Apr 28, 2010
The 6th August will DEFINITELY be the first game at the Amex, I guarantee it. The decision was made months ago trust me.

Yeah your probably right but the championship starts with a friday night opener on the box so could always be switched for then , which would suit alot of fans as lets face it not everyone will be able to fit in to our new sexy stadium the demand for tickets for first game would sell out twice over.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Yeah your probably right but the championship starts with a friday night opener on the box so could always be switched for then , which would suit alot of fans as lets face it not everyone will be able to fit in to our new sexy stadium the demand for tickets for first game would sell out twice over.

I see your point but remember Pride isn't just about Saturday its a whole weekend thing from Friday night onwards and there simply aren't enough police to resource both events at the same time. The thin blue line is already stretched to its limit in Sussex and by next year it will be even worse with all the budget cuts and job losses etc. This is all assuming Pride will take place of course, given its recent history of financial struggle and uncertainty I wouldn't bank on it at the moment.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Bloomin hope not. I struggle to get back from London for evening games at Withers and it's going to take a lot longer to get to The Amex. For the first game I intend to be at the ground HOURS before kick off.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Common sense has prevailed as we knew it would. there was always room for both in aug!!!

Apr 28, 2010
Bloomin hope not. I struggle to get back from London for evening games at Withers and it's going to take a lot longer to get to The Amex. For the first game I intend to be at the ground HOURS before kick off.

Well iam probably one of the very few that doesn't want the game on the 6th as it happens to be wedding season and my long term girlfriend's daughter has fecking decided thats the day for her's. NIGHTMARE.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Excellent as booking summer holiday banking on us playing on the 6th at Falmer

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Excellent news. :clap2:

Pride at The Amex it is then.

I find this hard to believe...

Judith Manson, Pride Manger said "Unbeknown to Pride, Brighton & Hove Albion have previously requested an away match on the first weekend in August so they would not clash with the Pride celebrations, it is now our turn to return the favour."

f***ing hell - Judith Manson is the 'Pride Manager'? Oh Lordy. :eek:

When she says 'unbeknownst to Pride', she means 'unbeknownst to me...', so far is her head jammed up her sewage outfall pipe.

Good news, mind, if not totally unexpected.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah alright Lord Mawhinney
presumably mr Feeler is hinting the police have already decided how they would procede. the club asking for the specific date is a formality the FA/FL have no reason to ignore, and Pride moving their date to the 13th makes the decision for everyone nice and simple.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't already know that we've always requested an away game for the first game of the season. Did they think it was always luck that we were always away for the first fixture? Or did they think that theirs was the only game in town and everything else didn't matter?

Not having a go as obviously it's great that there's been a compromise and they're returning the favour; I'm just curious as to their apparent lack of local knowledge.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't already know that we've always requested an away game for the first game of the season. Did they think it was always luck that we were always away for the first fixture? Or did they think that theirs was the only game in town and everything else didn't matter?

Not having a go as obviously it's great that there's been a compromise and they're returning the favour; I'm just curious as to their apparent lack of local knowledge.

I used to work with Judith. I suspect it's more that SHE didn't know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here