Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pricing of EFL Cup ties (Gillingham v Spurs)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Can you explain that last bit PG? A Gillingham-supporting mate of mine goes mental when I mention we paid for one of their stands :) (I just need a few extra facts for my argument)
Scally wouldn't let us relocate to Withdean(?) early. We had already entered an agreement with him for playing at Gillingham and he insisted on full payup or nothing. Given the parlous state of our club it was not something we could do and we had to continue at that hovel. It's one reason i would like Gillingham relegated from the football league.

Of course, if we were palace, we'd have entered administration and called ourselves BHAFC 1997 or something. And Scally would have been lucky to get 2p in the pound.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
The next time Gillingham get stung for high prices at matches I hope they remember the day that they argued and supported higher prices for a match.

I am sure anyone taking a family will be delighted that kids now have to pay double thanke to Scally.

Football is totally over priced, imagine our crowd last night if Reading had insisted on adding £5 to the price.

The issue Scally should have is with distribution of cash in football not going against clubs reducing ticket prices. Highlights EVRYTHING that is wrong for me as it will be Gillingham FC and Spurs FC who get more cash once again paid for by the supporters. Will Scally use it to reduce prices for future Gillingham games or use it to pay players more or buy another player?

I hope that there is a really poor crowd tonight, Spurs offered 3 Adult Champions Leagues tickets for £70 so tonights game will be more expensive than those matches.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It's worth pointing out that it's around £25 for an away fan to sit on an uncovered seat at the Pissfield for a bog standard League One match.

Hypocrisy springs to mind. But Paul Scally wants to play the sympathy card. Has his wife still got her 'habit' by the way?

Back in 2011 Aldershot wanted to charge £35 for the visit of Man Utd ,Utd said no you charge your League price which was £17. Season tickets got 1st dibs,then people who had a ticket stub from the round before were next in line but had to buy a ticket for the next League game.Any tickets remaining went on general sale,but you had to buy tickets for the next 2 League games.
Much further back, I recall Aldershot FC charging an outrageous amount for a late round FA Cup tie, possibly v. Oxford. It resulted in a boycott and I think the gate was less than 2000.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Much further back, I recall Aldershot FC charging an outrageous amount for a late round FA Cup tie, possibly v. Oxford. It resulted in a boycott and I think the gate was less than 2000.

£9 when admission was £3 in 1987 attendance 2034 and yes i attended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here