Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pressure mounting on Freedman and Bolton!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who's going to get the goals for us? We're not going to do it firing high balls at Barnes all afternoon.

A winger delivering a decent cross or pass with the midfield up in support will bring goals. Whether it be Kaz, Buckley or Conway is up to Oscar. we need to play at pace imo, especially when we get the ball back in our half. no shilly shallying with backwards and sideways passes giving Bolton time to organise at the back. I believe Oscar will set up to go for it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
no shilly shallying with backwards and sideways passes giving Bolton time to organise at the back.

Half of the 'shallying' is to allow the team in possession to also get back into position. There is no point playing at pace when your players are completely out of position.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A winger delivering a decent cross or pass with the midfield up in support will bring goals. Whether it be Kaz, Buckley or Conway is up to Oscar. we need to play at pace imo, especially when we get the ball back in our half. no shilly shallying with backwards and sideways passes giving Bolton time to organise at the back. I believe Oscar will set up to go for it.

That's ok if the midfield is anywhere near the 18 yard area. Last night we were sitting too deep to be able to attack. I appreciate the fact that we were away and needed to defend to get a point but we never looked like scoring.
We had a corner from the right hand flag last night that went to Barnes who was surrounded by defenders but he managed to flick it on with his head. It was crying out for Buckley to be there just outside the area to pick it up but he was nowhere to be seen.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Half of the 'shallying' is to allow the team in possession to also get back into position. There is no point playing at pace when your players are completely out of position.

If we are breaking from our half of the field I would have though that most of the players will be in position anyway or able to get into it by the time we lost the ball and the opposition came back at us? All the best teams break at pace without shallying when they get the ball imo.

You've got to get out of the Poyet mindset :lolol:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
All the best teams break at pace without shallying when they get the ball imo.

Barcelona aren't bad and they certainly don't counter attack.

They will always sweep up the ball and start again (certainly under Pep anyway). That's why they scored so many goals where the opposition defence are basically camped on the area and barca somehow dink a ball through.

It's obviously slightly easier when you have Xavi and Iniesta as the dinkers...:lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Barcelona aren't bad and they certainly don't counter attack.

They will always sweep up the ball and start again (certainly under Pep anyway). That's why they scored so many goals where the opposition defence are basically camped on the area and barca somehow dink a ball through.

It's obviously slightly easier when you have Xavi and Iniesta as the dinkers...:lolol:

I was thinking more of the Bayern way, they STEAMROLLERED Barcelona by NOT Shilly Shallying :lol:

Again I'm not sure we QUITE have that quality

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hopefully Keith Andrews will give the inside track on Bolton about where their weaknesses are. I worry about creativity and goals - it really is time for Buckley and / or Lua Lua to stamp their authority and get us that win.

Oscar has shown he can organise a defence and break up midfield, but if we are to turn draws into wins he needs to get more production from our wingers than we got last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here