Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premiership relegation

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Sorry to break away from League 1 but I reckon this year could see quite a high points total for relegation to the Champioinship. Anyone below the top 5 are still involved. Tottenham have been on a fantastic run but are still in it. Could we see 50 points being not enough to survive? I think Hull are going to have a hard second half to the season.

Oct 25, 2003
west brom are going down- nowhere near good enough and without the STEEL of stoke or hull- yes they play football the 'right' way, but in reality they need to get a bit UGLY

probably one of hull and stoke (but i don't think both) will get drawn in......for example of hull lose giovanni to injury, they'll struggle for creativity

after that there's about 5 or 6 VERY average teams who could get sucked in, annoyingly, bolton- the worlds MOST BORING team look like they might be alright

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Pretty much anyone outside the top 5 could get drawn into the relegation battle if they go on a bad run...could be one of the most exciting ends to a season for years, maybe even going down to goal difference on the last day.

Wigan
Stoke
West Brom

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Pretty much anyone outside the top 5 could get drawn into the relegation battle if they go on a bad run...could be one of the most exciting ends to a season for years, maybe even going down to goal difference on the last day.

Wigan
Stoke
West Brom

How gutting would that be to get relegated on goal difference.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Any more talk lately -- I remember a trial balloon being floated a few years ago - of fixing the membership the Premiership, and eliminating relegation and promotion?

I thought it was a lousy idea at the time, and can't remember what was the rationale for the proposal...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i can see blackburn struggling - ince doesn't seem to have the backing of the fans, he has been chucked into the premiership a bit too early and if they lose santa cruz in january then it could prove very difficult for them to replace him

with the top of the table looking quite open for once, no obvious winner of the title and arsenal imploding which might allow the top 4 to be breached, and the bottom seemingly going to go down to the wire, it makes for one of the most exciting seasons in YEARS

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It could be anyone, and I really wouldn't want to predict it.

What I will predict though, is it will be a rollercoaster thrill a minute ride and I feel priveliged I will be able to watch it unfold over the coming months.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
I think West Brom, Stoke and either Hull or Blackburn. I would like it to be Bolton, Stoke and Newcastle, the former two because they are killing the game and the Geordies because it is always funny to see them suffer.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
i can see blackburn struggling - ince doesn't seem to have the backing of the fans, he has been chucked into the premiership a bit too early and if they lose santa cruz in january then it could prove very difficult for them to replace him

with the top of the table looking quite open for once, no obvious winner of the title and arsenal imploding which might allow the top 4 to be breached, and the bottom seemingly going to go down to the wire, it makes for one of the most exciting seasons in YEARS

The bottom of the table is looking exciting, though really it's still too early to tell who will be there come Jan/Feb time when it you really start talking about a relegation scrap. By that time surely some teams will have broken away from the pack of teams currently hovering there and abouts. The Aston Villa/Arsenal fight for 4th place should be interesting if Villa can caryy on performing and Arsenal can carry on misfiring - though for this to happen for the whole season would be unusual.

As for the top of the table. To me it looks as boring as ever. I feel as though most people are just waiting to see how long Liverpool can hold on up there with Chelsea before slipping up. Personally I don't see them still neck and neck with Chelsea for much longer - they just don't look anywhere near as good. Man U will slowly catch up with the top but I think it looks depressingly like Chelsea might just run away with this season without breaking into a sweat. Boring.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I can also see Wigan being asset stripped when the window opens, they rely heavily on their Central American stars...if they are allowed to leave then I think it will make it very hard for them to stay up.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
bloody good win for the hammers today. If we'd lost that, things would've been very serious. Liverpool A, Spurs H, Chelsea A, Villa H are our next 4 games :cry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here