Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premiership players?

deano seagulls

May 11, 2008
Albion target Premier League players
10:20pm Thursday 31st July 2008

Comments (1) Have your say »

By Brian Owen »

Micky Adams wants to make a pair of Premier League signings for Albion’s League One campaign.

The Seagulls boss is talking to two top-flight clubs in a bid to strengthen his squad in specific areas, though he admits he might not have a new face in ready for the opener at Crewe a week on Saturday.

Adams takes his side to Luton tomorrow for their final senior friendly as plans for the new season take shape.

Matt Richards (thigh) misses the game but the Seagulls could take a look at up to 18 players during the course of the afternoon.

Adams said: “We are still working on a couple of things. We never say never at this club.

“I’m talking to a couple of Premier League clubs in terms of signings.

“I think we still need to strengthen. If we start with the squad we’ve got it won’t disappoint me but having said that I’m still talking about improving in a couple of areas.

“These things take time at a lot of places and certainly at Premier League clubs.

“A lot of them are scrambling around themselves for players at the minute. Until they get the players in they want, they are a bit reluctant to let out players they don’t think are quite ready for the Premier League at the moment.

“We have to be patient with that and I can understand that from their point of view.”

Where was the money to do things like this last season then ?

This club amazes me why sometimes it manages to spend and then other times there is no money

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Albion target Premier League players
10:20pm Thursday 31st July 2008

Comments (1) Have your say »

By Brian Owen »

This club amazes me why sometimes it manages to spend and then other times there is no money

We hear talk like this every season though and seldom does someone of any consequence arrives here from the top tier, so I wouldn't get too excited.

McShane and LK being the exception but quite a while ago now

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

I actually think Dick might find the money at ALL COST as his head could well be on the chopping block if we don't get to the play off's at minimum this season.

The heat is on now MR knight by sacking Wilkins may have been his biggest mistake EVER.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I actually think Dick might find the money at ALL COST as his head could well be on the chopping block if we don't get to the play off's at minimum this season.

The heat is on now MR knight by sacking Wilkins may have been his biggest mistake EVER.

Except it was one of his best decisions... we have FAR more chance of success under Mickey...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I guess this is the knock on effect of the new stadium decision. Now it is a fact that the stadium will be there in a couple of years, then people are prepared to invest in the club. Plus, the appointment of MA has probably encouraged people to invest more too, just look at the increase in Season Ticket sales.

The future is bright, it's got Blue and White stripes :ascarf::ascarf:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
AlWhere was the money to do things like this last season then ?

Didn't we spend 375k on a new strike force last season? Not to mention the ridiculous amount of loan players we had...We've spent NOTHING on transfer fees so far this year.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry but i think it will prove to be one of his worst

Believe me, Wendy had lost a lot of the players, and many fans... thus, a great decision...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
... and released 10 players (only took back two)...

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Are we talking signings as in permanent deals or loanees?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here