Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premiership arrogance

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Love those conversations round here - Shropshire, like Sussex, has only one [ok, 2 if you count Crawley] pro clubs so when you ask "who do you support?" - if the repsonse is Man U, Man C, Ar$e, Chelski, etc, I ask "how many times have you watched them play live [not on the TV] this season?"

If the response is "none" - I advise them that they are not supporters, but followers of said club.
When they ask me and I say "Brighton" they try the same response until I reel off the away fixtures I've attended.

These people should be labeled "followers" as they are not really "supporters" in the true sense ......

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We all know some, the pain in the arse if we go up, is these armchairs will be asking if you can get them a ticket sat next to you when we play their team.
We need to get our diplomatic responses ready for this, as they will not understand why this is a no no.

'I'll look into it' is a reply I have already had to use :lolol:

I was a kid in the 70s and we all took our homework, sandwiches and PE kit to school in a bag adorned with the schmutter of our favourite footy team. It was all Leeds, Chelsea, Man City, Everton. No Brighton at all. However . . .

We were kids. Can anyone over 70 tell me if the adult population of B&H was infested with 'supporters' of 'proper' clubs back then? And did they go to games (highly unlikely I would imagine).

An ex neighbour of mine here in Fav regularly used to mock me for driving all over the country to watch BHA. The further it was (Exeter, Carlisle) the funnier he thought it. He was a ManUre 'supporter'. The ONLY time he'd seen them 'live' was the 1967 European Cup final (and only becauase it was in Wembley, and he lived in Shephard's Bush at the time, and you could walk up and pay at the gate). It is hard to be annoyed with him now, though. Dead (drink).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We'll have plenty of these "supporters" come August should we go up, so i'm loathed to criticise too much.
So people in the north of England will just start supporting Brighton?

Local fans who watch on TV are not the same as those who are fans of a team hundreds of miles away, just because they're at the top.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We all know some, the pain in the arse if we go up, is these armchairs will be asking if you can get them a ticket sat next to you when we play their team.
We need to get our diplomatic responses ready for this
F*** off.

Glad I could help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here