Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League trio considering January approach for Brighton winger Solly March

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Starlet?

star·let
ˈstärlət/
nouninformal
noun: starlet; plural noun: starlets

a young actress with aspirations to become a star.

I would be pretty offended if I were Solly!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Answer to that depends on if you ask Bloom or one of the potential 'buying' clubs. 3-3.5m plus 10% percentage of any future transfer fee wouldn't be a unreasonable amount, think Blood would want twice that amount though.

Genuinely think it's in the players best interests to stay with us though .

Maybe, but not if you consider what happened to Bale after Spurs nicked him from Southampton (then cheekily) bought themselves out of the 'Sell on Clause'!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not forgetting that Southampton were interested last year. We have some very myopic fans.

The source of that apparent interest was his agent, wasn't it? The fact that it coincided with an injury added fuel to the rumour.

Solly is a decent young player, but he's nowhere near good enough to raise genuine interest from a premier league team right now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The source of that apparent interest was his agent, wasn't it? The fact that it coincided with an injury added fuel to the rumour.

Solly is a decent young player, but he's nowhere near good enough to raise genuine interest from a premier league team right now.
HKFC lives down that way & confirmed it was true, not just agent talk.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
HKFC lives down that way & confirmed it was true, not just agent talk.

I live close to Old Trafford, but I don't get inside info on Man Utd deals!

If Southampton looked at him, it was probably for their U21s. There's no way he'd even get close to their first team squad.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
So he's good enough for Spurs but not good enough for us? Erm......

Some so called fans just don't have a clue - March is possibly one of the most talented young players ever to play for the club. Let's nurture and develop his ability rather than slag him off at every opportunity. He will come good. Just give him time. His performance in the second half against Cardiff was terrific. If he can play like that most of the time of course Premiership sides are going to be interested. Why wouldn't they be? Noone to Cardiff springs to mind.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
If we turned down £5m for Dunk i would turn down anything less that £8m for Solly. 3 years younger, more potential and in a position that demands more money.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Interesting, they must have all just dropped in for the second half v Cardiff...

Kind of this. Although the article really can't be true, given that the collective wisdom on NSC is that Solly is a load of tosh.
If a stupid offer comes in then we should look at it, but it's hardly going to be much use for Solly to go to any of those teams when he's got a decent opportunity of playing in many or most of our games this season, to demonstrate the composure/final ball/finishing that he quite patently needs to develop in his game, and perhaps even aid us towards a top six, even top two place.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Some so called fans just don't have a clue - March is possibly one of the most talented young players ever to play for the club. Let's nurture and develop his ability rather than slag him off at every opportunity. He will come good. Just give him time. His performance in the second half against Cardiff was terrific. If he can play like that most of the time of course Premiership sides are going to be interested. Why wouldn't they be? Noone to Cardiff springs to mind.

Agree - think with him it's more about developing confidence in his own ability and a bit of nouse to improve his decision making (and ideally become even slightly two-footed). Can't see us selling unless the offer is truly daft, and also can't see him making a premier squad quite yet - problem is the moneybags teams can afford to take take punt of several million for what to them might be a dev squad player in the hope he's worth 25m+ in 3 years

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Kind of this. Although the article really can't be true, given that the collective wisdom on NSC is that Solly is a load of tosh.
If a stupid offer comes in then we should look at it, but it's hardly going to be much use for Solly to go to any of those teams when he's got a decent opportunity of playing in many or most of our games this season, to demonstrate the composure/final ball/finishing that he quite patently needs to develop in his game, and perhaps even aid us towards a top six, even top two place.

The collective wisdom of NSC? But that isn't always right as I don't buy into the dissing of players like some on here do. He is still gaining experience in my opinion and we should sell to the highest bidder if the story is true. Many on here didn't rate Murray and look how well he is doing.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
It might just be that Chris Hughton's style of football suits Solly and can get the best out of him? Hopefully we fight off any advances for him in the same way we did for Dunk. Maybe he's a bit of a 'late developer'? Youth team with us, released, went to Lewes and then back again. There's a reason for that. He maybe 3rd choice behind Kaz and Murphy at the moment, but there's every chance he could overtake either of those two if he's starting to hit top form. It's not a position where we have a wealth of players compared to central midfield for example.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The collective wisdom of NSC? But that isn't always right as I don't buy into the dissing of players like some on here do. He is still gaining experience in my opinion and we should sell to the highest bidder if the story is true. Many on here didn't rate Murray and look how well he is doing.
The collective wisdom of NSC probably believes that, realistically, he's not good enough to make the squad of an established top half PL team like Spurs or Southampton. However, there's a large spectrum of ability between this and being tosh.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think it's great that we are producing or buying players that the premiership clubs want it shows we are going in the right direction as long as we are in the top two at the end of the season the manager can buy and sell who he likes thats when we should judge him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's third choice behind KLL and Murphy; he'll be lucky to make the bench after the next 2 games.
Surely fourth behind Rosenior.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here