Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier league table

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not often. Don't find league tables too interesting before the final two months or so of a season.

sir_gullahad

Dec 20, 2013
Cheltenhamshire
Quite a few as it turns out. ( just a moment while I...). I think it is important to stay up to (nice!) date. You never know how long.. (6th ! get in).

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
As long as Chelsea don't better our result by 4 goals next weekend we go into the break ahead of them.

Screen_Shot_2019-04-16_at_10.25.52_AM.png

Between now and then I will be looking at the table approximately 17,000 times. Nice to see that we've played most of the current top ten as well, the only one we haven't is Arsenal.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It’s getting a little obsessive with me tbh 🤓

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Its not important because you get or lose nothing from being anywhere between 1-20 a third into the season.
On the contrary, it IS important- we get the enjoyment and excitement of seeing OUR team in a good position in the table - if they were #20, most fans would agree we would not be having an such an enjoyable season. It’s a bit obvious really 🙄 But then maybe one needed to have come up through the leagues with Brighton to get how it feels right now seeing us biting the top 6/7 in the arse.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How many times have you checked the Premier League table recently. For me it must be over 10 times just today. Pinching myself as to our position and the gap beginning to appear between top and bottom halves. Great times
Just checked it - this time to see Palace drop down a point and wondering what suits us best in the 430 game.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
How many times have you checked the Premier League table recently. For me it must be over 10 times just today. Pinching myself as to our position and the gap beginning to appear between top and bottom halves. Great times
Half agree, although only 8 points from drop Zone.....Makes Chelsea and Wolves wins massive.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
On the contrary, it IS important- we get the enjoyment and excitement of seeing OUR team in a good position in the table - if they were #20, most fans would agree we would not be having an such an enjoyable season. It’s a bit obvious really 🙄 But then maybe one needed to have come up through the leagues with Brighton to get how it feels right now seeing us biting the top 6/7 in the arse.
I mean it is understandable of course, I just find it inflicting a lot of false hope and unsubstantiated fears that I can do without. One day it is "hope we get Barcelona in the Champions League" and the next day is "I think the boys will do really well in the Championship next year". All based on table movements over a game or three. I prefer just... rowing that boat without thinking too much about what paradise or hellhole that could possibly be the destination in six months time.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Its not important because you get or lose nothing from being anywhere between 1-20 a third into the season.
yes you do, particularly if you actually support Brighton. Those of us who have been here for decades (not like yourself) have endured years and years of struggle and disappointment. So our heady position right now means far far more than nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here