Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League Squad/Europa League Squad

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Do we have to name a separate Europa League squad ?
Does anybody know what the criteria is ?
Dates etc, can the named squad be changed etc ?
Cheers

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Squad rules are different for European competitions. Link below explains the rules (note it says Champions League on the link but the rules cover all 3 UEFA competitions). The dates for list B players applies to last year so players on that list will need to have been born on or after Jan 1st 2002 for the coming season. Also there are two different types of “home grown players”.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think you can play about with who you name in a 25 man squad before each game in the group stage, but have to stick to a list in the Knockout stages. If you include 8 HGP, and at least 4 of them must be club HGP's, i.e. have been at the club for 3 years between the ages of 15 and 21, you can have a 25 man squad, if you have not got any HGP's at all, you can only have a 17 man squad.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think you can play about with who you name in a 25 man squad before each game in the group stage, but have to stick to a list in the Knockout stages. If you include 8 HGP, and at least 4 of them must be club HGP's, i.e. have been at the club for 3 years between the ages of 15 and 21, you can have a 25 man squad, if you have not got any HGP's at all, you can only have a 17 man squad.
You have to name the A and B list squads in the first week of September. This squad applies to the whole season, 3 changes can be made to the A list for the knock out stages following the January transfer window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here