Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League Retention list

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Football reset is happening. Survival and sustainability is the only game in town for all but the state/oligarch owned clubs and even they’ve undermined their own foundations with the ESL proposals. Some agents will actually earn their living now.

Football reset is happening? Not in the eyes of some, it would appear -
"Bayern Munich's contract talks with French winger Kingsley Coman have stalled with the 24-year-old wanting 20m Euros per year, leading to him instructing his agent to see if any Premier League clubs are interested."
Greed is still alive and well and living in footballers' minds, it seems. Would be wonderful if he was still looking for a club in January - sadly won't happen, I expect.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Cant see another thread on this apart from our u23 retentions - premier league retention list came out today

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2163104

Andrew Crofts released - is he staying as part of u23 coaching staff?

As expected Palace have jettisoned a whole first team but kept Benteke - some rebuild ahead which with Mr Tumble asking for transfer and no Eze for most of next season hopefully means relegation

And I’ve sorted our striker position out - Andy Carroll is available, well at least our physio team would have something to do

Crofts been appointed U23 head coach

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2166303/crofts-confirmed-as-under-23-manager

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Football reset is happening? Not in the eyes of some, it would appear -

Greed is still alive and well and living in footballers' minds, it seems. Would be wonderful if he was still looking for a club in January - sadly won't happen, I expect.

He’s still got two years on his current deal, reported to be 12m Euros a season. I can’t see many PL clubs willing to pay him £350,000 a week plus whatever his transfer fee would be so he might have to struggle by on that pittance for a couple of more seasons the poor sod.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Exclusive video of James McCarthy reacting to being released.

yeah2.gif

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
He’s still got two years on his current deal, reported to be 12m Euros a season. I can’t see many PL clubs willing to pay him £350,000 a week plus whatever his transfer fee would be so he might have to struggle by on that pittance for a couple of more seasons the poor sod.

The kid has been fed on a never-ending gravy train. This is paper/agent talk in an uncertain world.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wow scum have let Sakho go who cost huge money - Cahill and Dann too as well as Ward and Van ***** celebrate the red card then concede straight away Arnholt. They’re gonna need a whole new defence. Huge job for Nuno there :lol:

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Good to see Wayne Hennesey now has the opportunity to go and read up some more about who the Nazis were after never having heard of them

Surprised to see Leeds releasing anyone as I'd have expected Bielsa to turn them all into world class talents they could flog for huge prices?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Totally agree with this.

That’s why the palace situation may not be all bad, get rid of the older more expensive squad players and start again with a leaner squad of younger, cheaper players. Squads get bloated with high paid players on long contracts and this happens with all clubs in the premier league after a few years....as you say a great reset.

The Palace recruitment system may be very different to our own, but by and large l agree with it. With their primary aim every season being identical to ours, i.e. Premier League survival, they choose to sign, largely older more experienced players than our selves, nearly always players with plenty of previous experience at thes level, and as they are often past their peak years, offer them only a one year contract. It means a high turnover of playing staff every year, but it certainly seems to work for them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here