Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League Released Players...

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Tony Hibbert's quest for a goal in a competitive match goes on.

Would love to get Kolo Toure.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sylvin Distin????

He must be nearly 40..... If we are going for has-been's would prefer Toure. :)

Yeh I know, I find myself thinking the same - but he is still really fit. Reads the game brilliantly and makes brilliant angles when playing the ball out of defence. Strides forward with the ball confidently when teams sit back against you which leaves you extra body numbers in midfield. That's why he is still playing at that age quite simply because he still has a lot of attributes.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yeh I know, I find myself thinking the same - but he is still really fit. Reads the game brilliantly and makes brilliant angles when playing the ball out of defence. Strides forward with the ball confidently when teams sit back against you which leaves you extra body numbers in midfield. That's why he is still playing at that age quite simply because he still has a lot of attributes.

Sure but the Championship is different to the prem, and the limited space behind defences in the prem, means you can disguise a lack of pace, and as you say his reading of the game is good.

The championship involves longer sprints and IMO he'd be found out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sure but the Championship is different to the prem, and the limited space behind defences in the prem, means you can disguise a lack of pace, and as you say his reading of the game is good.

The championship involves longer sprints and IMO he'd be found out.

Maybe but the Championship does not have the cutting edge strikers that the Premiership has, so he could cope in that league easily for at least a year and to have someone like him alongside Connor Goldson. Goldson would learn from one of the best

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maybe but the Championship does not have the cutting edge strikers that the Premiership has, so he could cope in that league easily for at least a year and to have someone like him alongside Connor Goldson. Goldson would learn from one of the best

Could've kept Greer on that basis [emoji6]
Current international.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes. Was discussing Stephens possible exit last night, and we all agreed the one player we would not want to lose would be Kayal.

Especially after we got him for what £650,000? not sure what we paid,but was a snip.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
What do you mean by 'when he played'? He spent most of last season at Marseille, Wickham plays for Palace and Borini is one of Sunderland's best players.

Is the correct answer, was going to write something similar myself Borini is quality at what he does however Fletch could do a job in the championship if you can afford he Lamborghini wages

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Goodbye Dunk, goodbye promotion.

This is a ridiculously simplistic comment. We have two quality centre backs other than Dunk. I'm not advocating selling him because, like you, I think he's quality, but there's no way it's him that's pivotal to promotion. If we can get a ridiculous sum of money for him and invest that in quality up-front, this wouldn't be the worst option in our situation.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Nick Powell has been released by Manchester United...
Maybe worth getting in, spent time on loan at Hull last season.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'd have a look at Tika Musonda from Chelsea, if I remember right he was on loan at betis last season, and is a bit flair. Jack Barmby might be another interesting shout?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here