Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League plans for the remainder of the season *** ALL FIXTURES POSTPONED 3rd April

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So if you want to stream the away game at Leicester you would need buy an away ticket which means £30 to stream a game. And for a home game £40 or whatever it is depending on the category unless a ST holder.
Ridiculous. It should be free to air via club sites with refunds for all games played behind closed doors.
We will see but fully expect random raids to ensure you're not watching a stream with a bottle top or a beer in view of the screen.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Surely if this was credible then Sky Sports News would be all over it with it being the breaking news. Sky Sports News usually seem on the ball and the fact they are not even mentioning it leaves me to believe that there is not a lot in this story.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

"Sky Sports Sources" = that morning's tabloid back pages. If the Sun and Mirror have nicked the story for their later editions then it'll be on Sky.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
For the full match day experience, 20% of fans will be switching their stream off at the 80th minute to avoid the rush.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sounds like the government won't want anyone going to pubs.

They pay a lot for Sky and BT. Presumably someone will have to give them refunds?

This not meant as a direct attack on your comment, but on some assumptions that many are making of refunds to both businesses and consumers alike in the event of closures and non supply of goods etc..

The rules of normal life are being torn up. The idea of rights will soon be suspended. We all could be forced to stay indoors under an effective curfew, damaging businesses all over the world. Governments are going to have to act for the good of the many, not the good of a few. If concerts, football matches are cancelled I do not think there will be any guarantees that individuals will be recompensed, not if it leads to businesses folding and the infrastructure of a community being damaged long term. Any of us losing the price of a 50 quid ticket to a show at The Dome can survive without it, The Dome having to refund twenty shows at 3,000 x 50 quid (with no forseeable future income) equals 3 million quid, probably enough to close the venue. Multiply this all over the country and that is a very bleak future post virus compared to an individual losing 50 pounds.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This not meant as a direct attack on your comment, but on some assumptions that many are making of refunds to both businesses and consumers alike in the event of closures and non supply of goods etc..

The rules of normal life are being torn up. The idea of rights will soon be suspended. We all could be forced to stay indoors under an effective curfew, damaging businesses all over the world. Governments are going to have to act for the good of the many, not the good of a few. If concerts, football matches are cancelled I do not think there will be any guarantees that individuals will be recompensed, not if it leads to businesses folding and the long term infrastructure of a community being damaged long term. Any of us losing the price of a 50 quid ticket to a show at The Dome can survive without it, The Dome having to refund twenty shows at 3,000 x 50 quid (with no forseeable future income) equals 3 million quid, probably enough to close the venue. Multiply this all over the country and that is a very bleak future post virus compared to an individual losing 50 pounds.

Agree with this. I have tickets for my son and I plus a friend of his for Cambridge Utd vs. Northampton Town on March 21st. Frustrating if it is behind closed doors as the boys are really looking forward to it. But if it is, so be it. I'm not bothered about getting the ticket money back as this revenue is the lifeblood for clubs in the lower leagues. I'd far rather Cambridge Utd are still there post-virus, than fold.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So if you want to stream the away game at Leicester you would need buy an away ticket which means £30 to stream a game. And for a home game £40 or whatever it is depending on the category unless a ST holder.
Ridiculous. It should be free to air via club sites with refunds for all games played behind closed doors.
We will see but fully expect random raids to ensure you're not watching a stream with a bottle top or a beer in view of the screen.

People watch streams every week without paying f-all, I know I do. Watched the Wolves game unbroken in perfect HD, with UK commentary. If the government decree free to air coverage then fine. If not, I'm confident I'll be able to whistle up the BHA game from within my self-isolated playpen.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This "plan" will not be long lived.

One sick player and it falls apart. And plenty of players will get sick.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Much as part of me thinks that fit Footballers should be able to shake off this virus easily.

We have to remember that this virus itself causes respatory problems and as such strenuous exercise and exertions during a match could bring them to the fore. If someone were to collapse and God forbid die during a match then there would be a massive witch hunt for someone to blame. For that reason Government can't afford to take any chances.

That said . They will take chances, so it has to be compulsory that every player should be tested every day for at least 3 days right up to and including the day of the match

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Much as part of me thinks that fit Footballers should be able to shake off this virus easily.

We have to remember that this virus itself causes respatory problems and as such strenuous exercise and exertions during a match could bring them to the fore. If someone were to collapse and God forbid die during a match then there would be a massive witch hunt for someone to blame. For that reason Government can't afford to take any chances.

That said . They will take chances, so it has to be compulsory that every player should be tested every day for at least 3 days right up to and including the day of the match

Its not even anything to do with that.

F**k the "fit footballer" who can probably shake this virus off - thats largely irrelevant, Its who HE comes into contact with, and passes it on to someone, who passes it on to someone, who passes it on to someone who CAN'T cope - maybe even in the very 1st instance.

Thats the primary issue here.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jesus. What did you do to deserve that? Kick a puppy?

Thats the MOTD view. Personally I thought we were excellent, and took great pleasure from seeing Bissouma looking like a ridiculous footballer, Propper running a game for once, and McAllister coming on and reinacting his matchwinning Hampden Park performance against Switzerland in that Euro 1992 qualifier.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

F**k the "fit footballer" who can probably shake this virus off - thats largely irrelevant, Its who HE comes into contact with, and passes it on to someone, who passes it on to someone, who passes it on to someone who CAN'T cope - maybe even in the very 1st instance.

There’s footballers that will be susceptible as well. Stephens is an asthmatic who uses a puffer just prior to the game starting.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

What you describe is I agree the most important issue

But if you look at it like Advertising. As soon as there is a High Profile Death. That's when previously sceptical people sit up and take notice. Then public hysteria begins to take hold

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There’s footballers that will be susceptible as well. Stephens is an asthmatic who uses a puffer just prior to the game starting.

Indeed.

You've got to worry for the likes of Jaoa Felix of Atletico as well. He went down tonight clutching his face after a particularly dirty look from Trent Alexander-Arnold. Footballers must be a constant concern, they are a particularly sensitive breed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What you describe is I agree the most important issue

But if you look at it like Advertising. As soon as there is a High Profile Death. That's when previously sceptical people sit up and take notice. Then public hysteria begins to take hold

Sorry, but if there are still "sceptical people" out there who need a high profile death before it penetrates their woolly skulls as to the seriousness of this, then they are already beyond hope and reasoning. They are the ones flinging their cans of Stella around on their HP sofas drawling "ITS JUST FLU FFS" - until Phil and Holly say "hang on - this might be a problem". Once Ant & Dec appear on ITV news self-isolating then MAYBE the dimbots will engage their remaining post-addled White Lightning damaged braincells and go "duuuuuh...maybe dis coranko fing is a shi....shitting..shittle...shhh...ahh f*ck it, Shaz. Get us a pot noodle and some skag...."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here