Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League.......Darts

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How the fvck can you be watching THAT when the world's top two are doing battle?!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
MVG omg!!:ohmy:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
MVG was on fire there, The Power looked flat. For the first time you really have to wonder whether Phil will ever be the same player again. That is psychologically devastating.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Losing is one thing but getting battered 7-0 is another. Other players will have seen that and scent blood. Mardle was quick to assert Phil will make the play- offs "no doubt" but the field is so strong I'm not so sure.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Did they say in the history of sport there has only been 4 whitewashes? What were the odds on MVG 7-0??

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Losing is one thing but getting battered 7-0 is another. Other players will have seen that and scent blood. Mardle was quick to assert Phil will make the play- offs "no doubt" but the field is so strong I'm not so sure.
i hope i am wrong but i think this could be the end of phil taylor but i hope not and i know its only one defeat but he didnt look like he wanted to be there

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Phil is 54 in August. It looks to me as though he doesn't have those bursts of adrenaline and aggression, and the self-belief isn't there.

That said, he averaged 100 and that will be good enough to win more than he loses. The audience are shell-shocked, Lewis is on fire and there's barely a murmur.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One decent contest out of five tonight, that surprised me. It doesn't get any easier for Phil as he's got Lewis up next.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Worth remembering Taylor has only just signed a 5 year deal for £3m apparently and switched darts manufacturers to Target Darts from Unicorn so needs time to adjust to using new darts. He'll come good again.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
If I was MVG I would have picked up the dartboard and got Phil to sign it, like he does to players when he has murdered them. Hope he gets beat 7-0 every week. T055er!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I was watching this while down the gym last night - it was on one of the four TVs they have on the wall [no sound].

I was most impressed by the size of the huge norks on the birds that walked with the players to the stage. Mahoooosive !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here