Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League clubs to vote on scrapping VAR

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Get it gone until the laws can be changed (offsides especially) and applied sufficiently and the people running it know how to use it, and are held accountable if they can't.

As for Salisbury, he seems to have a howler every single game he is involved in. The PGMOLs lack of credibility will no doubt be compounded when they fail to demote him at the end of the season, along with that useless Aussie twat.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I wanted it gone but it bailed us out tonight with that terrible ref - Penalty overturned and red card given.
And our penalty not given which was a clear and obvious error but not corrected? But it's also the malaise it has brought whereby on field officials won't give things they would have done pre var

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
And our penalty not given which was a clear and obvious error but not corrected? But it's also the malaise it has brought whereby on field officials won't give things they would have done pre var
I couldn't really see that at the Amex but having watched the extended highlights I can't understand why a penalty wasn't given - it was an obvious foul. I also agree with you that it has made the on field officials lazy - the sometimes giving of offsides , other times not. The "hope" that VAR will make the right decision therefore I don't need to attitude. What a state the FA have got football in :facepalm:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Exactly. Referees and assistants (either consciously or subconsciously), are now failing to make decisions that were 2nd nature to them before. I fear that a removal of VAR would bring a rash of poor decisions caused by this new learned behaviour.

I'm for keeping VAR but re-working the rules. As many have said, offside needs to be 'clear' - so make the lines wider, and if they overlap, it's onside.

Maybe penalties is the area where you get 2 referrals to VAR, same as cricket. Red cards, leave as is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here