Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League block Shelter's 'away shirt at home' awareness day

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I know the FA and PL are different, but it has never made sense to me why England sometimes play home games in an away kit.

To flog more shirts. Its advertising, likely part of the contract with Nike.

BHA have on occasion worn the new away shirt at home in pre-season friendlies for the same reason. Its all about coining it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
To flog more shirts. Its advertising, likely part of the contract with Nike.

BHA have on occasion worn the new away shirt at home in pre-season friendlies for the same reason. Its all about coining it.

Must be the only reason.

I can understand the Albion doing it for a pre-season friendly, especially when a new shirt has just been released.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Silly but no need for awareness really, what is needed is action: the UK could easily build 300 000 apartments to house all the homeless, same goes for any Western country but a lack of housing keeps prices up.

Correct, people are aware of the issue (same with the knee/give racism the redcard/stonewall etc) and what the they can do to solve a major part of it - yet nothing is done.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Do you know how many AirB&B properties that this currently applies to ..are they in the right location?
The ‘empty’ office blocks ..how many in say Brighton? Or other areas of homelessness …would apartments be suitable for families…how quickly could this be done etc
As the other poster said to legislate on those who hold a portfolio of properties that they let out seems counter productive and mean
Still you’d let people keep their second home …aren’t they quite often in areas like Cornwall where many can’t even stay in the town they were born in due to people buying second homes etc etc

Re the Shelter bit it’s disappointing that the PL can’t accommodate this initiative

This is nothing new, my parents moved to West Sussex over 50 years ago because they couldn't afford to buy a house where they grew up.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This is nothing new, my parents moved to West Sussex over 50 years ago because they couldn't afford to buy a house where they grew up.

I don’t believe I said it was new …and in the areas I referred to in a lot of cases it isn’t necessarily about buying but actually living there ..now that was possible in WS then …but this is a whole different argument compared to the context of my post

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
FA approve a charity shirt switch. Springal will be LIVID.

https://twitter.com/Sporf/status/1479395888158019589?s=20

[tweet]1479395888158019589[/tweet]

Why exactly?

I wasn't that bothered before - except for the charity trying to make it such a big thing. Evidently the clubs were not that bothered because the story disappeared quicker than it came around

I look forward to see how many 'mandem' on the streets of North London decide to put the knife down when they remember Arsenal wore a white shirt away at Nottingham Forest in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Why exactly?

I wasn't that bothered before - except for the charity trying to make it such a big thing. Evidently the clubs were not that bothered because the story disappeared quicker than it came around

I look forward to see how many 'mandem' on the streets of North London decide to put the knife down when they remember Arsenal wore a white shirt away at Nottingham Forest in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Bet you're fun at parties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here