Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 9-11/3/24

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Because he touched the ball. In matches involving big teams that is all that is required apparently. If that was any other team, that's a penalty all day long. Walker got away with a studs up challenge on Salah earlier as he touched the ball and Ederson only got a yellow for a full on assault nowhere near the ball. :shrug:
The Yellow was correct

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
How on earth was that not a penalty on Mac Allister at the end?! Ridiculous decision.
Seemed to me a classic case of what the generally pointless monitor should be used for. VAR not sure enough/too scared (probably the latter in this case) to make the call but there must have been enough doubt to merit the ref having a second look. Not so he could go through the usual farce of simply agreeing with VAR but to be able to make a proper decision one way or the other with the benefit of some pretty clear replays.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Ridiculous challenge by McGinn. Glad it was a red. Very different from the Moder one. One is a genuine attempt to win the ball the other is a player lashing out. Horrible, nasty team Villa. Spurs actually try and play football. Hopefully they’ll finish above Villa in the champions league spots.

Didn’t know where to put this but Igor’s old boys have just gone one up against Roma

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Because he touched the ball. In matches involving big teams that is all that is required apparently. If that was any other team, that's a penalty all day long. Walker got away with a studs up challenge on Salah earlier as he touched the ball and Ederson only got a yellow for a full on assault nowhere near the ball. :shrug:

This old chestnut 😅 it was Big Team v Big Team, so how does that work!?

And we should've gone down to 10 today - are we part of the big team bias!?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ridiculous challenge by McGinn. Glad it was a red. Very different from the Moder one. One is a genuine attempt to win the ball the other is a player lashing out. Horrible, nasty team Villa. Spurs actually try and play football. Hopefully they’ll finish above Villa in the champions league spots.
I agree.

I haven't seen it, but Villa are a nasty team, with a premeditated sh!thouse cant-ologist as manager fuelling them.

I have an as yet un defined dislike of SPuds . . . .I'm extremely pleased they won today. . . They have a decent manager who wants to play football.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree……Moder was desperately trying to make the secondary challenge and went in too hard (still more of a red than a yellow)…..McGinn was tying to kick Udogie into the stands.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Right, OK 🤦‍♂️
You really believe that? Madness
Do I really believe that? No, not really but when you have companies paying enormous sums of money for a product they are bound to want to influence that product somehow if it becomes predictable and their subscriptions (or advertising) start to suffer - dodgy refereeing/VAR decisions is the most obvious area. It's a better conspiracy theory than the Princess of Wales photo anyway.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I agree.

I haven't seen it, but Villa are a nasty team, with a premeditated sh!thouse cant-ologist as manager fuelling them.

I have an as yet un defined dislike of SPuds . . . .I'm extremely pleased they won today. . . They have a decent manager who wants to play football.

Quite. I dislike Villa more than any other club in the PL. Really hope their season implodes, especially after the pundit wankfest about them earlier this season. I am desperate for us to beat them at the Amex. Nasty shitehousers

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Horrendous standard - think both must have no confidence. Newcastle in particular were hideous for most of that half!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here