Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Could this be it for Pellegrini?

Up next for them:

Southampton away
Palace away
Leicester at home

That could see the Hammers entrenched in the bottom three.

They've never really been the same since leaving their old ground for that soleless stadium they're in now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They've never really been the same since leaving their old ground for that soleless stadium they're in now.

The fortnightly prettendance of 60,000, will never make up for the intimidating tightness of a true football ground. West Ham used to make it really uncomfortable for visiting teams including ManU and Liverpool over the years. Shame for the real West Ham fans.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The fortnightly prettendance of 60,000, will never make up for the intimidating tightness of a true football ground. West Ham used to make it really uncomfortable for visiting teams including ManU and Liverpool over the years. Shame for the real West Ham fans.

I wonder what [MENTION=2019]jevs[/MENTION] thinking ???

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Pellegrini needs to go before Southampton on Saturday. He'll go eventually and his replacement will get them up the table. Southampton more likely to finish below us imo.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Pellegrini needs to go before Southampton on Saturday. He'll go eventually and his replacement will get them up the table. Southampton more likely to finish below us imo.

West Ham have harder fixtures left than Saints

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We were cruising that game...1-0 up and the gooners hadn't had a shot on target. Utter dog Shite.

West Ham....the team that keeps giving.

You wasn't cruising but certainly on top. Two really shit teams and you failed to kill a woeful Arsenal side off in the first half.You were then punished by a woeful Arsenal side in the 2nd half through clinical finishing. The quality tonight was dire.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
You wasn't cruising but certainly on top. Two really shit teams and you failed to kill a woeful Arsenal side off in the first half.You were then punished by a woeful Arsenal side in the 2nd half through clinical finishing. The quality tonight was dire.

are you zizu?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We were cruising that game...1-0 up and the gooners hadn't had a shot on target. Utter dog Shite.

West Ham....the team that keeps giving.

Until their opener, you were in total control. Possibly the worst Arsenal performance in decades? They kept passing to West Ham players for an hour.

The mistake West Ham made, I felt this at the time, was that when leading you went for end to end football (Howe or Potter-esque). Clever teams when leading, imho, leave bodies back, wait for the chasing team to make a mistake, then pick them off on the counter.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Until their opener, you were in total control. Possibly the worst Arsenal performance in decades? They kept passing to West Ham players for an hour.

The mistake West Ham made, I felt this at the time, was that when leading you went for end to end football (Howe or Potter-esque). Clever teams when leading, imho, leave bodies back, wait for the chasing team to make a mistake, then pick them off on the counter.

West Ham scored through a deflection. The trouble with West Ham they didn't do enough work in the final 3rd for a home side. They were certainly on the beach at the other end though .
Even though they went in 1-0 up it wasn't convincing. I had a feeling Arsenal would score and the game would end up 1-1. In the end 1-3 could have been more.
West Ham looked slow breaking forward and didn't offer much of a threat. I can see why they don't score many.
As for Arsenal that was still a dreadful unconvincing win.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
West Ham scored through a deflection. The trouble with West Ham they didn't do enough work in the final 3rd for a home side. They were certainly on the beach at the other end though .
Even though they went in 1-0 up it wasn't convincing. I had a feeling Arsenal would score and the game would end up 1-1. In the end 1-3 could have been more.
West Ham looked slow breaking forward and didn't offer much of a threat. I can see why they don't score many.

Relieved I didn’t bet on this one, I was tempted with a lay bet against an Arsenal win.

The club is rudderless from top to bottom, injuries and even in the warm up Bellerin goes down.

That Arsenal opener from awful marking, could change their season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And that concludes match day 16 (or whatever they call it).

Position: 12th (+1)
Distance from relegation zone: 4 points (no change)

it would have been a very useful three points to pick up as 21 points would put us bottom of the group looking up, instead of being top of the group looking down.

Screenshot 2019-12-09 at 23.24.52.png

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The lack of protection in front of West Ham’s fullbacks was shocking, particularly after Cresswell went off, Anderson is no where to be seen and Arsenal just doubled up on West Ham’s left.

There is a real lack of work rate in that West Ham side. They were cruising in the game, Arsenal were as poor as I’ve ever seen them, yet through not tracking back (Rice for the first, Anderson and others not even in shot for the next 2) they simple capitulated in as limp a fashion as you’re likely to see.

Which is good for us. :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here