[Albion] Premier League 7-10/5/21

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It looks likely that only an unlikely storming end to the season by Fulham can relegate us now. *

*Looking for positives on a disappointing day!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Two down, one more to go, probably tomorrow. Don't know what all the fuss was about.

Burnley will make themselves almost certainly safe if they don’t lose tomorrow, and if there was any manager in the league that can engineer a bore draw it’s Dyche. I’m quite surprised that 5-2 is available on the draw and 8-1 on 0-0.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Amazing how many people have been pissing their pants at miracle-man Allardyce’s great escapes. Load of BS that’s why.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's hope Burnley beat Fulham tonight and this awful protracted relegation battle for the albion finally, finally comes to an end.

Then we can green light some recruitment deals and use the 3 remaining games as preparation for next season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
With the way most results have gone over the weekend, brace yourself for a Fulham win and a rather hysterical reaction from a few on NSC

They can’t win 4 in a row. I’m probably one of the few that would like to see them beat Burnley, Southampton & Newcastle but obviously lose to Man Utd.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They can’t win 4 in a row. I’m probably one of the few that would like to see them beat Burnley, Southampton & Newcastle but obviously lose to Man Utd.

In the same way Newcastle had no chance of winning the Championship? I’d like to see them lose a game asap as it is not inconceivable that we won’t get another point. I can do without the mounting stress thanks :lolol:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
In the same way Newcastle had no chance of winning the Championship? I’d like to see them lose a game asap as it is not inconceivable that we won’t get another point. I can do without the mounting stress thanks :lolol:

Yes, I agree. Fulham to lose and then we are mathematically safe and can plan for next season. The sooner we are in this position the sooner we can offer Welbeck a new contract and move on, albeit try to end our season as positively as possible.
Having said that I’d take a draw.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Yes, I agree. Fulham to lose and then we are mathematically safe and can plan for next season. The sooner we are in this position the sooner we can offer Welbeck a new contract and move on, albeit try to end our season as positively as possible.

A draw means the following: Fulham have to win their last three, AND overturn a goal difference of 15, AND we need to lose our last three. That set of outcomes is simply not going to happen, so a draw is a great result as far as I'm concerned.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

As soon as we are safe I think we will not see Yves Bissouma play again. So if Fulham lose to Burnley Yves last game was the Sunday match v Wolves. I think Potter will want to look at Moises as his replacement at this level. Games against West Ham City & Arsenal will be a hard introduction.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
As soon as we are safe I think we will not see Yves Bissouma play again. So if Fulham lose to Burnley Yves last game was the Sunday match v Wolves. I think Potter will want to look at Moises as his replacement at this level. Games against West Ham City & Arsenal will be a hard introduction.

Sadly, I think you may be right. I love Biss as a player, but he hasn't quite been firing on all
cylinders the last few games and I think that's because he knows he's off soon.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Oof... I’d rather not tempt fate.

It feels like the football gods have been against us already this season, I just want Fulham down ASAP. Draw or loss tonight would be quite nice thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports