Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 6-8/3/21

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
No, you've not said Potter out I think, just called him pretty much everything that grown up people do not say to other people, making me believe thay you'd prefer him gone.

Of course it is subjective and you can say whatever you want (I really dont give a shit for how long you've been watching the team though), but the whole "why am I not allowed to say this?" thing clearly got no connection to reality.

Just a quick question . Will you still post on here once Potter leaves ?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Mr Tumble's trick of making his eyes pop out on stalks like a cartoon character when he doesn't get a free kick is very entertaining. Like watching Tom and Jerry when Tom spots Spike coming after him.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Such is my dark mood after this weekends results, I can't even force a laugh at Palace getting tonked.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Such is my dark mood after this weekends results, I can't even force a laugh at Palace getting tonked.

I am with you. I couldn’t care less about a team who are lots of points ahead of us, and not looking like a side who if they don’t pull their ****ing finger out will drop out of the prem without a whimper!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just a quick question . Will you still post on here once Potter leaves ?

Maybe, I like Tony Bloom and his project. Local owner going for the academy and quite a few local players, to create a tighter connection between city and club, which is basically the reason I started following GP as thats his idea as well. So I will probably be interested in how it goes for TB's project, regardless of Potter, and I am curious to see how far you can take the academy idea in England as most clubs rather buy players than develop them. The "kiddo out", "March out", "Webster out" kind of people annoy me more than the "GP outs". But as you could tell from the "how old are you?" poll, nature is going to solve that issue and its possible the next generation is more interested in being proud of Sussex/Brighton than gold, glory and fancy £20m players. Time will tell.

If I stick around after GP goes I wont talk about GP though. I wont mention him once out. The few people around here who are only talking about a manager that left almost two years ago... I dont want to be that guy. It might be sad to follow a manager, but to stick around to cry about a former manager... I have limits.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Maybe, I like Tony Bloom and his project. Local owner going for the academy and quite a few local players, to create a tighter connection between city and club, which is basically the reason I started following GP as thats his idea as well. So I will probably be interested in how it goes for TB's project, regardless of Potter, and I am curious to see how far you can take the academy idea in England as most clubs rather buy players than develop them. The "kiddo out", "March out", "Webster out" kind of people annoy me more than the "GP outs". But as you could tell from the "how old are you?" poll, nature is going to solve that issue and its possible the next generation is more interested in being proud of Sussex/Brighton than gold, glory and fancy £20m players. Time will tell.

If I stick around after GP goes I wont talk about GP though. I wont mention him once out. The few people around here who are only talking about a manager that left almost two years ago... I dont want to be that guy. It might be sad to follow a manager, but to stick around to cry about a former manager... I have limits.

That's managed to insult an awful lot of life long very proud Brighton and Sussex supporters who fought for the existence of this project sorry club. As far as academy goes a good friend of mine run Brighton's well before your time on this planet. Academy may not have been the name of it but it was one all the same.

The idea of a youth set up has been around for decades and many clubs have built their teams around it. As far as local players there's not many in the academy from the Brighton area and would suggest the youth set ups of yesteryear had many more. The difference now is the ability of offering better facilities and coaches. They are expensive to operate and results will be dependent on the skills of those assessing the youngsters the success rate will still be low as they are everywhere.

But you are right those wishing players out are questionable in many ways.

Think you need to stop telling others how they should feel or act, many of which have followed this club, the vast majority of the time knocking about in the depths of the lower leagues, we know how to be humble and appreciate where we are.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That's managed to insult an awful lot of life long very proud Brighton and Sussex supporters who fought for the existence of this project sorry club. As far as academy goes a good friend of mine run Brighton's well before your time on this planet. Academy may not have been the name of it but it was one all the same.

The idea of a youth set up has been around for decades and many clubs have built their teams around it. As far as local players there's not many in the academy from the Brighton area and would suggest the youth set ups of yesteryear had many more. The difference now is the ability of offering better facilities and coaches. They are expensive to operate and results will be dependent on the skills of those assessing the youngsters the success rate will still be low as they are everywhere.

Think you need to stop telling others how they should feel or act, many of which have followed this club, the vast majority of the time knocking about in the depths of the lower leagues, we know how to be humble and appreciate where we are.

Take that "innocent victim" shit and shove it. I get to hear it once in a while when people feel the need to defend their entitlement. But in between those "once in a whiles" there's dozens of people around here who do nothing but moan about Tony Bloom not spending more money, about not reaching the top 10, about every staff member and player at the club. Humble and appreciative my arse.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Take that "innocent victim" shit and shove it. I get to hear it once in a while when people feel the need to defend their entitlement. But in between those "once in a whiles" there's dozens of people around here who do nothing but moan about Tony Bloom not spending more money, about not reaching the top 10, about every staff member and player at the club. Humble and appreciative my arse.

Interesting.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Spurs have scored 100 goals in all competitions this season, second only to Bayern Munich in Europe's top 5 leagues.
Kane and Son break the single season record for most goals by a partnership.

Loving the anti-football.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Think you’re being a bit oversensitive there TBH. The academy as it stands is light years away from where it started. I don’t think [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] was looking to offend, I took it more appreciative of what the club are trying to do now.

If others are insulted and offended however then fair enough :shrug::shrug:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Think you’re being a bit oversensitive there TBH. The academy as it stands is light years away from where it started. I don’t think [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] was looking to offend, I took it more appreciative of what the club are trying to do now.

If others are insulted and offended however then fair enough :shrug::shrug:

So

But as you could tell from the "how old are you?" poll, nature is going to solve that issue and its possible the next generation is more interested in being proud of Sussex/Brighton than gold, glory and fancy £20m players.

Is that not insulting many who may have a view but also the ones who followed this club during the back days.

The academy is light years away but it's success will not be from players from the Brighton area as he suggests. A few might make it but most will continue to be brought in.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
'X' isn't even a footballer - and similar rants. He does have a point!

(Not necessarily posted by you - I'm just talking in general terms about posts on NSC).

Re-read my post I agreed with him.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The academy is light years away but it's success will not be from players from the Brighton area as he suggests. A few might make it but most will continue to be brought in.

Even for Academy under 9s the catchment area is roughly Portsmouth to Hastings and up to the M25 (that's not exact, just to give a rough idea).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Even for Academy under 9s the catchment area is roughly Portsmouth to Hastings and up to the M25 (that's not exact, just to give a rough idea).

I know it also goes up to north Kent but that wasn't the point Swanny was making which I countered.

If we produce one a year we will doing well, very well.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Have to say Swanny has a point.

Definitely some entitledness in our fanbase. Happily a minority though, we have to remember that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

It is, but the huge majority of the U9’s - my nephew amongst them - ARE from Brighton and close by.

Edit - actually he’ll be U10s now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It is, but the huge majority of the U9’s - my nephew amongst them - ARE from Brighton and close by.

Edit - actually he’ll be U10s now.

Yup and he will probably have twice the chance to stay with the club for a long time compared to those ten years older than him - say what you want about Brexit, but foreign dominated academies will probably be a thing of the past very soon (unless clubs find a way to get around it).

But either way, even if the players from the academy are not always native Brightonians, they will have a different attachment to the city compared to some expensive toy soldier. Take someone like Sanchez who has been around since he was 15 - seven or eight years now - surely he's made the city his home over those years.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Watching the Chelsea - Everton game with no crowd noise. Tuchel is seriously entertaining. He talks A LOT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here