Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 6-8/2

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Nothing like a bit of Leeds hyperbole in the morning, from the comments on the Guardian match report:

We're witnessing something unprecedented, historic, epic, and it may not happen again in the foreseeable future - El Loco found most of these blokes mid-table in the Championship, and look how they play against established Premier League teams!

Palace may be established, but being given a footballing lesson by more exciting teams, is a regular occurrence for them.
Sometimes they even get schooled playing teams with just 10 men.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nothing like a bit of Leeds hyperbole in the morning, from the comments on the Guardian match report:

We're witnessing something unprecedented, historic, epic, and it may not happen again in the foreseeable future - El Loco found most of these blokes mid-table in the Championship, and look how they play against established Premier League teams!

They are doing ALMOST as well as the blokes Wilder took from mid table in league One, to the PL, at this point of their first season.

So, not exactly ‘unprecedented’, no.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
hah, sorry they are some athletic - (trainers mostly) brand that is recyclable, compostable and made from beans, he is in bed with them and all for saving the planet one trainer at a time or something.
Ah, I see.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I like Bamford, think he's a very decent player and a good shout for England. Think people are being very unfair to say he's average and not good enough.

12 goals so far with 16 games to go in the league is an excellent return and scoring goals is only part of his game, he's an excellent all round forward who brings other players into the game. And he wouldn't be the first striker in recent years to mature and reach the top level at a later age - Jamie Vardy was 27 when he made his Premier League debut and Glenn Murray didn't score double figures in the premier League until he was 33.

What is also good about last night is the Palace fans don't like him at all after his loan spell there so that would have hurt.

I suppose, the issue is, we're not short on that area

Kane, DCL Rashford, Ings would all fancy playing up top.

I don't see how Bamford makes the squad

England are the opposite of Brighton. Loads of compelling attacking threats, but not not loads of options at centre midfield or defence

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Caicedo is a 19 year old who has played his entire career at high altitude and who is renowned for having 'an engine'.
He'll be able to cope with a possible 20 minutes against Leicester reserves.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I suppose, the issue is, we're not short on that area

Kane, DCL Rashford, Ings would all fancy playing up top.

I don't see how Bamford makes the squad

England are the opposite of Brighton. Loads of compelling attacking threats, but not not loads of options at centre midfield or defence

Actually think there is a real case for not having too many strikers anyway. What is the point? DCL covers Kane. Rashford and Ings offer something different. Why even bother with someone like Bamford (as well as he has done this year) when we have to try and get Grealish, Foden, Sancho, Maddison, Barnes, Sterling, Hudson Odoi, Mount etc etc into the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here