Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 5-7/12/20

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I recall a few years back, one of our players ( Spanish Dave or Orlandi)took
a dive, rolled about 4 times, won a free-kick and got the offending player booked.
The majority in here, thought he was out of order, and hoped someone would explain to him, we don't do that kind of stuff.

A Newcastle supporting acquaintance sent my mate an email on the Monday after the game and opened it with “Is your player still rolling?”

Was that the game, a cup one we won I think?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This going down holding the face HAS to stop - it’s actually embarrassing. Diving is a yellow but Going down and stopping play feigning a head/face injury goes unpunished?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One thing I’ve noticed with Leeds is they’re honest, insomuch as they aren’t looking for the foul so when a challenge comes in, unlike Villa, they look to skip past. This gives them the speed of attack and creates the space. Hate to say it but it’s refreshing to see a team preferring to progress their attack instead of breaking play up with constant free kicks..

Famous last words.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A Newcastle supporting acquaintance sent my mate an email on the Monday after the game and opened it with “Is your player still rolling?”

Was that the game, a cup one we won I think?

Could well be, it was a very theatrical roll, Grealish or Mr Tumble would have been very proud of it.

My spellchecker just changed 'Grealish ' to 'Freakish':clap2:

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Harsh on Meslier there: great triple save, but concedes on resulting corner. Zouma is a beast on corners, wish our centrebacks could replicate.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Leeds don't get a Welbeck.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Do Leeds always run out of steam after 70 mins?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
You'd have thought with all the money in the game and all the cameras dotted around the pitch, someone somewhere might have thought it could be beneficial to have two (one on each side) in line with the touchlines! Or am I too forward thinking?

Backward thinking. There would usually be other bodies in the way unless you had X-ray cameras. We need VAR drones. NOW!!!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
That first ManUre goal, the ball must have gone out play? Never mind.

It has to have done. It defied all physics if it didn’t. Henderson hit the ball about 8 feet from the touch line and when it landed it was three feet, sounds possible so far BUT when it landed it spun and was clearly going further onto the pitch. It would be miraculous for a rugby ball to bounce in that direction from a straight kick!

I just wish I could drive a golf ball like that that, it was perfect with a nice draw and get the bounce and roll.

The problem is that I am not sure they could prove it went out so goal stood. Very very lucky. West Ham can only blame themselves for not winning it before that goal!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I recall a few years back, one of our players ( Spanish Dave or Orlandi)took
a dive, rolled about 4 times, won a free-kick and got the offending player booked.
The majority in here, thought he was out of order, and hoped someone would explain to him, we don't do that kind of stuff.

Spanish Dave. It was embarrassing.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Good old Dirty, just messing around at the moment to make the League a bit more exciting before they go on an unbeaten RAMPAGE for the rest of the Season.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It has to have done. It defied all physics if it didn’t. Henderson hit the ball about 8 feet from the touch line and when it landed it was three feet, sounds possible so far BUT when it landed it spun and was clearly going further onto the pitch. It would be miraculous for a rugby ball to bounce in that direction from a straight kick!

I just wish I could drive a golf ball like that that, it was perfect with a nice draw and get the bounce and roll.

The problem is that I am not sure they could prove it went out so goal stood. Very very lucky. West Ham can only blame themselves for not winning it before that goal!

Motd just showed it using the same tech as when they show goal line technology - it was about a metre over the line!

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I hope to Christ that I never need to visit a barbershop in Leeds

schliztie-dress.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here