Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 5-7/12/20

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think it is bonkers to imagine that we could catch Everton this season.

I know we're not in a great position now, but a few more good results and we could start looking up, not down.

Best start getting those results then.

One of the Football Weekly contributors absolutely loves us.

The thing he's loves most is the quite phenomenal way this team is able to look so good and get nothing for it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Pundits on Sky discussing us and agreeing we’ve been playing well etc...

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Another point for Burnley earned almost exclusively by Pope.

Too good for Burnley, I hope they go down and that we go after him.

He’s an outstanding goalkeeper, and I’d love us to sign him, but the reason I’m not sure he’ll go to a top club (and why I’m not sure we’d be interested, given how we play) is that he’s terrible with the ball at his feet. At least by current standards, anyway.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think we have been. We've played 10, and 4 of those have been "unwinnables" - Chelsea, Spurs, United and Liverpool.

9 fixtures remaining of this half season, with really just City and Leicester being the only "unwinnable" fixtures out of those, and even they can arguably be turned over at the moment.

So that essentially means 7 from 9 minimum winnable fixtures coming up, compared to just 6 from 10 we've already had.

So considering our opposition, I think 10 points is a good return and expect the next 9 to be considerably better.

I agree. Fulham showed that a game against Leicester is far from 'unwinnable'.

Burnley drawing was good for us. I expected Everton pull their usual surrender away from home.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
City slicing through Fulham..........1-0, could easily be 2 already

Twenty minutes later and it still could easily be 2 already.

Edit: 2-0 bit it could easily be 3 already.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
As an aside I'm Cooking tonight and Mrs Jakarta is currently watching the Railway Children - wandered in from the Kitchen to catch an immortal line from Jenny Agutter

I've never seen a man cry before

Obviously never seen Zaha in action... :lolol:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Haven’t watched SSN for years but how dire is it now, don’t get me wrong I didn’t like the old boys that used to do it but in freshening it up they’ve made it immeasurably worse. Ally McCoist and Clinton Morrison? WTF?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The last 2.5 corners have been short.
None have been 'conventional'.

Fulham's was short and within 2 passes their keeper saved them from going 3-0 down.

This is a very bizarre strategy.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If both Albion's win we jump at least one place, possibly 2.

What would posters prefer:-

A healthy points gap to 4 teams?
Or
6 teams below the Albion?

It being December gotta take teams over points.

Healthy points gap every time we could have 6 teams below us on goal difference and one draw and they win we are bottom. If bottom teams draw when playing each other then potentially both are loosing a point.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How the mighty fall. League Two. Bolton 2 - 6 Port Vale

If only Gartside had been successful in abolishing relegation from the EPL.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Haven’t watched SSN for years but how dire is it now, don’t get me wrong I didn’t like the old boys that used to do it but in freshening it up they’ve made it immeasurably worse. Ally McCoist and Clinton Morrison? WTF?

Completely agree - all for changing things for the better but on the whole I found the old boys reasonably entertaining and the new mix is very poor by comparison

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
West Ham's twelfth man are in good voice.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just seen linesman not put his flag up until West Ham scored yet was miles off when he received ball. What good do powers that be think not putting flag up does

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here