Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 5-7/12/20

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Until refs start showing cards, then that kind of blatant cheating will continue. Why wasn't that a booking?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
5live also called it a blatant dive.

In all the VAR furore, divers don’t even get booked now. Fantastic news for Dean Smith’s diving team.

If they keep VAR and don't change rules about contact in the box they're going to have to really clamp down on diving. Maybe even make it a red card? It's fairly clear cut with VAR if it's an actual dive versus anticipation of contact etc
It can't carry on that players can just do it repeatedly with no repercussions.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
How do you feel about certain teams not being able to have supporters? Is it fair?

I don't have any major issue with it, personally. Clearly, it's going to give some teams a bigger home advantage than others (at least you would expect so) but home advantages have never really been equal anyway - 75,000 fans at Old Trafford is a different experience for visiting teams than at Bournemouth for example.

I just think it's a good thing to have fans back in stadiums, even if it's slightly unfair on some areas. In particular, it's a shame that it's predominently northern, less affluent areas with a large blue collar component that are facing the toughest measures, but that's just an unfortunate characteristic of the virus. If it's deemed safe to welcome back fans in some places and not others, then for me it would be wrong to hold those places back in the interest of fairness and equality.

All that said, I can't say I'm not jealous of those being allowed to return to their spiritual homes. My last game was in March, and that feels like an absolute lifetime ago.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
EXACTLY!!! No contact. A dive. Tried to con officials.

Hilarious how they have made a big think of the bloke loving Liverpool (not even a scouser) and he goes and does that :lol:

The same commentator who just said welbeck didn’t have control of the ball last week which is IRRELEVANT!

Mark Clattenburg has called it right but the panel and compere have nothing to say about it. People attached to the game just don’t want to talk about diving.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Mark Clattenburg has called it right but the panel and compere have nothing to say about it. People attached to the game just don’t want to talk about diving.

Its bad for the Premier League brand. No one knows how many millions the Serie A lost in sponsorship deals, merchandise etc. when it was globally known as the cheating league. That reputation persists for a long time. Today Serie A is far cleaner than the PL but I dont think PL is eager to take over that reputation... better just pretend nothing is wrong.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Wolves don't look up to much without Jimenez.
Tomorrow is big. We could start really moving up the table with a few decent results over the next few weeks...suddenly quite a lot of teams aren't looking anywhere near as intimidating as they did at the begining of the season.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
This Liverpool performance and result emphasises how good we were last weekend. They have destroyed Wolves and we came out of the game disappointed with a point.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I'll be honest, world class front three aside I thought the Liverpool starting eleven had a Carabou Cup feel to it, but they've been, er, alright.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here