Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 4-5/4/23

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Europa League has to be the target with a very slim chance of CL unless we go on a stellar run and two from three have a dip In results

I must be getting entitled because that disappoints me :down:
Look at it this way…if we finished 4th and then got knocked out to a tricky qualifier and never made the group stage for the CL it would be a real downer. However if we win the cup or finish 5th we are guaranteed a series of group games in the Europa League against more beatable opposition.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Look at it this way…if we finished 4th and then got knocked out to a tricky qualifier and never made the group stage for the CL it would be a real downer. However if we win the cup or finish 5th we are guaranteed a series of group games in the Europa League against more beatable opposition.
What qualifier?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
all top 4 qualify for group stage of CL, no qualifying games.

5th EL, and this season will be almost certainly 6th place to, as other place goes to FA cup winners or next in PL league (6th) if FA cup winner is already in a european comp.

Without being disingenuous, I dont think SU are going to win the cup, its most likely City, and if not will be winner of our SF.

If its City or Man U, almost certainly 6th place will be EL, as both Man U and city will finish in top 5. If we win cup, then we'll get it anyway, wherever we finish. SU winning FA cup would be worst case scenario, though confident thats not going to happen.

And as EFL cup winners (qualify for european conference league) are Man U, if they finish top 5, that will go to next highest ranked, so it could well go down to 8th place.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
all top 4 qualify for group stage of CL, no qualifying games.

5th EL, and this season will be almost certainly 6th place to, as other place goes to FA cup winners or next in PL league (6th) if FA cup winner is already in a european comp.

Without being disingenuous, I dont think SU are going to win the cup, its most likely City, and if not will be winner of our SF.

If its City or Man U, almost certainly 6th place will be EL, as both Man U and city will finish in top 5. If we win cup, then we'll get it anyway, wherever we finish. SU winning FA cup would be worst case scenario, though confident thats not going to happen.

And as EFL cup winners (qualify for european conference league) are Man U, if they finish top 5, that will go to next highest ranked, so it could well go down to 8th place.
7th

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yes, youre right.

We need to win FA cup or finish top 6 for Europa L and get into group stages (which will be amazing), if SU dont win FA Cup it will be 5th and 6th in PL.

7th will be conference league and into play off. Imagine the damp squib of finishing 7th and getting beat in the Play off game.

getting past both Manc clubs to lift cup seems a big ask, so aiming for top 6 essential. Could make a massive difference to players in/out too

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Last night's results don't change a thing! Would need been nice if United and Newcastle dropped points but we're still in the mix. Got to play all 3 starting Saturday with Tottenham and take it from there.
Yep. Sure it's a possibility but I never thought we'd catch NU or MU anyway. No reason why we can't leapfrog the mess of a club that is spurs this season, though. At this point 5th is a realistic aim imo. Just writing that seems mental!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
4th still a slim possibility but at the risk of stating the bleeding obvious it will require a run of wins including victories over Spurs, Saudi and United. The dream is not over but the task has got harder. 5th however is definitely game on with a win in Saturday. Keep looking up!

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The goals that West Ham gave away really were amateurish.

The first goal, Wilson is totally unmarked.
The second the fullback was half asleep
The third was the sort of goal we all worry we'll give away, except that's what we do. It's practiced.
The fourth maybe a bit unfortunate that it lands with the striker once the keeper messes up, but still very soft.
The fifth inevitable when chasing the game.

I'd be pissed off if we ever gave more than one of those away in a game. Still, West Ham won't play a team as good as Newcastle very often this season.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
West Ham should join the circus by sacking Moyes and putting Mark Noble in charge until the end of the season

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
6 April 2019. 4 years ago today we were last at Wembley.

Its approaching 1030am, I wonder how many were already pretty well inebriated or well on their way at this time.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I fancy West Ham to turn over the Smugness tonight. They raise their game against the bigger clubs - always have done. Around 9/4. 👍
Useless. Couldn't tip horse shìt into a wheelbarrow at the moment. :sick:

Smug had a smug journey back to Smugsville declaring that the Smug league title was over and he had another Smug medal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here