[Albion] Premier League 30/9 - 3/10/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It is. There are at least TWO people looking at those pictures in the VAR studio. It just HAS to be corrupt. I just don't understand it - in the same way I simply cannot compute how a human being makes those two decisions against us today. As Neville says there have been loads of offsides that have looked dodgy recently - something very odd is happening.
I genuinely don't get it. You can see it was half a yard on side with a naked eye. HOW can they get it wrong? These are professionals, supposedly the best at the job. It angers me and I couldn't care less about Liverpool. At times I actually think, sorry, know I could do a better job in the VAR studio.

And its things like this, ironically at Spurs ground again, it makes me question if there is corruption going on
There has to be something sinister. How a qualified ref can be sat with God knows how many TV angles looking at that and somehow determine it’s offside is bizarre. You had one ****ing job. It’s way, way worse than the onfield officials getting something wrong.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
TBH bad decisions happening to Liverpool is hilariously funny

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Fulham/Wolves have had awful calls this season, but as it's Liverpool sky are demanding a full enquiry.
In this instance - as with Spurs v Brighton last season - PGMOL have admitted a mistake. Human error.

Damn right there should be an enquiry!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Noticed that more and more teams are playing RDZ style now but doing it better than us.

Worrying

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Just seen this latest VAR debacle, what a shower of shite VAR is. It's surely time to get rid.
It needs scrapping asap.

If I can sit in my lounge and tell that a player is clearly onside from one replay how on earth can two people watching numerous replays (as their f***ing job!) not see it? It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if it turned out to be a match fixing scam.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Noticed that more and more teams are playing RDZ style now but doing it better than us.

Worrying
It would help if we put the right team out occasionally and stop worrying about rotation every game. We will probably end up with nothing wishing we had just kept playing our strongest 11.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But the goal was originally ruled offside, no? Nothing was changed by VAR it just exposed how hilariously poor officials in this country have become
Disagree. Mistakes have always happened on field in football. It was never perfect nor expected to be. Ref says offside. Everyone accepts it and we all get on with the game. VAR was introduced to make ‘correct’ decisions and it has opened a can of worms because ‘correct’ isn’t achievable.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
But the goal was originally ruled offside, no? Nothing was changed by VAR it just exposed how hilariously poor officials in this country have become

TBH I'm not sure, but that would be a preferable situation to having the wrong decision made after a several minute wait, for a convoluted process to pan out that should supposedly prevent wrong decisions being made.

VAR would be beneficial only if things like this didn't happen. As they do the pros nowhere near outweigh the cons.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It needs scrapping asap.

If I can sit in my lounge and tell that a player is clearly onside from one replay how on earth can two people watching numerous replays (as their f***ing job!) not see it? It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if it turned out to be a match fixing scam.
Exactly what I thought after the Spurs game last year. It is not possible to make a genuine mistake when you have all the angles and footage

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
PGMOL are a f***ing disgrace. How can it not be corruption? There is no way anyone that knows anything about football thought that was offside, let alone a 'qualified official'. Why did they not even draw the lines? Why did the lino flag for what was clearly a marginal call in the first place?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Disagree. Mistakes have always happened on field in football. It was never perfect nor expected to be. Ref says offside. Everyone accepts it and we all get on with the game. VAR was introduced to make ‘correct’ decisions and it has opened a can of worms because ‘correct’ isn’t achievable.
People wanted perfection when it wasn't possible

The Handball rule has been butchered to fit in with VAR, still pictures used to produce red cards and dodgy lines ruling out goals because a toenail is offside

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Disagree. Mistakes have always happened on field in football. It was never perfect nor expected to be. Ref says offside. Everyone accepts it and we all get in with the game. VAR was introduced to make ‘correct’ decisions and it has opened a can of worms because ‘correct’ isn’t achievable.
TBH I'm not sure, but that would be a preferable situation to having the wrong decision made after a several minute wait, for a convoluted process to pan out that should supposedly prevent wrong decisions being made.

VAR would be beneficial only if things like this didn't happen. As they do the pros nowhere near outweigh the cons.
I appreciate this viewpoint. However this decision was so objectively wrong that I'm not sure I'll ever be able to accept on field mistakes so easily if we did return to no VAR

Last edited:

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
It needs scrapping asap.

But scrapping it would just make any scam easier to pull off.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports