Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 30/10 - 1/11/21

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
According to the Marathon bet website, this is the list of currently out of work managers:

Aitor Karanka
Alex McLeish
Andrea Pirlo
André Villas-Boas
Andriy Shevchenko
Billy Davies
Bruno Labbadia
Chris Beech
Chris Coleman
Chris Hughton
Chris Wilder
Derek McInnes
Diego Martínez
Eddie Howe
Ernesto Valverde
Eusebio Di Francesco
Fabio Cannavaro
Frank De Boer
Frank Lampard
Gary Caldwell
Garry Monk
Gennaro Gattuso
Giuseppe Iachini
Graham Westley
Gus Poyet
Heiko Herrlich
Hernán Crespo
Ian Holloway
Jaap Stam
Javi Gracia
Jim McIntyre
John Hughes
Jonathan Woodgate
Jürgen Klinsmann
Lucien Favre
Luiz Felipe Scolari
Mark Hughes
Mark van Bommel
Marko Nikolić
Martin Allen
Michael Flynn
Michel
Mick McCarthy
Micky Adams
Neil Harris
Neil Lennon
Nigel Adkins
Nigel Worthington
Nuno Espírito Santo
Paco López
Paul Clement
Paul Dickov
Paul Lambert
Paul Peschisolido
Paulo Fonseca
Phil Brown
Phillip Cocu
Quique Setién
Raphael Wicky
Richard Money
Roberto Di Matteo
Ronald Koeman
Ronnie Moore
Roy Hodgson
Rudi Garcia
Sabri Lamouchi
Sam Allardyce
Sean O’Driscoll
Sol Campbell
Steve Bruce (I'm going out on a limb and will suggest that he's unlikely to be 1st choice)
Stuart Kettlewell
Stuart McCall
Tony Pulis
Uwe Rösler
Vincenzo Montella
Vladimir Ivić
Walter Mazzarri
Xisco Muñoz
Zinedine Zidane

Assuming they won't be able to temp someone already in work, it's not looking great for them is it? (how my heart bleeds...)

I too think they are in big trouble although there are a few of the names above who would be sensible appointments who would give them some chance of surviving. Their fixture list looks tough, with two huge home games at the beginning of December but you wouldn't be surprised if they limped into January still in single figures or low double digits points wise. They are still odds against (a shade over 5/4 to be relegated but tellingly the bookies seem to think it's two from 3 with Norwich doomed and then Burnley, Watford and Newcastle fighting over the other 2 spots), so money to be made here.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Increasingly looking like Mr Good Ebening will be their new manager. Good choice for them in that case though not quite sure he is the instant results kind of guy.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think you're giving too much credence. Yes there will be money, but they are a club in flux, already 6 points adrift of safety with a grubby GD. Their squad is shite.

Who can they attract to appoint as manager ? What kind of quality high-profile coach can they expect to attract to dive straight into a relegation battle ? The fans will expect a BIG NAME, but easier said than done, given where they are.

Then there's their potential (likely) situation in the table come January - what kind of QUALITY player will sign for them, if they're staring the 2nd division in the face ? They are already 6 points adrift of safety, behind Burnley, Watford, Leeds, Southampton and Villa. I wouldn't be betting my left bollock on Newcastle finishing above any of them.

Newcastle are bang in trouble.

I'd love the Saudi's to get relegated. Nothing against Geordies per se, I never became hater because WE blew the 2016/17 title. But I'd want that relegation and very rocky start for other clubs if they bought them instead.

Yes they're shite, even a shocking Spuds team scored a few goals at SJP. Unfit, no defence.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Bloody hell it'll be taxi for Benitez next and Potter for Everton!

Such a shame we played Everton early doors. They nearly always start and finish like a train but are hopeless and hapless in between. It's like most fixtures - just a matter of whether we or our opponents are on song.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think it's a fair comment to say that most (but not all) of the teams we've played this season have been on an upward curve before we've played them (in comparison to their likely performance throughout the season). Obvs not Norwich, but they'll probably be pretty bad all season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Also, I wish we'd played Spuds already, that could well've been a juicy 3 points.

We might be ok with Spurs.

All their new found positive energy should have dissipated in a month.
The team are still shite
There'll be no transfer window reinforcements to save them.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I think it's a fair comment to say that most (but not all) of the teams we've played this season have been on an upward curve before we've played them (in comparison to their likely performance throughout the season). Obvs not Norwich, but they'll probably be pretty bad all season.

I think you are mainly right but we caught Leicester at a good time for us.:albion2:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We might be ok with Spurs.

All their new found positive energy should have dissipated in a month.
The team are still shite
There'll be no transfer window reinforcements to save them.

I hope you're right.

I reckon Levy/Lewis are now going to ditch their 25 year old strategy and spend £100m's, doing a watered down Chelski. Papers are saying £240m straight away on 7 Serie A players.

There’s an unprecedented arms race building.

Until now Manure, Mansour and Abram had a monopoly in buying success. Now .... Newcastle, Spuds.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here