Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 30/1-1/2/24

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He could just sit there reading the yellow pages and I'd put him above most pundits.

To be honest, I'd actually quite enjoy listening to him just reading the paper.

And apparently he likes cricket based on what he just said. I like the man more and more.

I like McCoist.

McManaman, Owen, Hargreaves, Dixon and Jenas bore me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He could just sit there reading the yellow pages and I'd put him above most pundits.

To be honest, I'd actually quite enjoy listening to him just reading the paper.

And apparently he likes cricket based on what he just said. I like the man more and more.
He was talking about India/Eng on the radio a few days ago……very enthusiastic, clearly loves it.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Didn't watch the game but BBC ratings suggest it was shocker for Moises....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240131_222552_BBC Sport.jpg
    Screenshot_20240131_222552_BBC Sport.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 26

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was thinking earlier that when they were both at Brighton, I’d have said Caicedo > Macallister, but it really looks the other way round with one in red and one in blue.

Genuinely, I always said MacA was just as good if not better. He transformed a rubbish Argentina, into an efficient winning machine, he gave Messi the platform to win the ultimate prize.

For us, do you remember :wanker: Antony:wanker: resorting to hacking away at MacA, after he brought Manure to a complete punch drunk standstill? Then that penalty.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed, I really like McCoist. In fact tonight is the first time I’ve seen or heard him criticised as a pundit, I thought everyone liked him?!

Just comes across really affable and likeable with a real passion for the game.

The pundits thing, probably like everything in life, never has universal agreement. I always liked the assassins Keane and Souness, views backed by being world class players in their time. Some others don’t like them.

I love McCoist. Naturally charismatic, witty, he says enough without an urge to fill the silences.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agreed, I really like McCoist. In fact tonight is the first time I’ve seen or heard him criticised as a pundit, I thought everyone liked him?!

Just comes across really affable and likeable with a real passion for the game.
I don’t have an issue with him generally but he’s not beyond criticism…..would I take him over someone like Keown? Every day of the week

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So, a 1 or 2 (as long as it's not high scoring) goal win for Wolves v Man Utd means we don't drop another place.

Jimmy Grimble

That was exactly the type of goal VAR was needed for. It’s the kind of one that reminds me it can still be a good thing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BT

"We do wish Philips well, he's had a hard time"

Yeah, must be well difficult picking up 200k a week to sit on your arse

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
BT

"We do wish Philips well, he's had a hard time"

Yeah, must be well difficult picking up 200k a week to sit on your arse
To be fair, when I come to fill in my timesheet at the end of a quiet week and have to scramble around to find something to book time to I feel bad about it.
I'd imagine plenty of footballers don't feel great about not justifying their wages either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here