Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 3-4/9/22

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Man Utd keeping us alive and kicking in the title race as things stand. #KeepTheFaith. Also be nice seeing Arsenal taken down a peg.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Can anyone explain why the BBC uses odd versions of players names? I get that S American players and Spanish players have full names etc, but Anthony is down as something like Dos Santos and yesterday half the Barcelona team was almost impossible to decipher. Why not use the names the players and clubs do?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
The fact that people are arguing whether the VAR got the decision right or wrong proves just one thing. The VAR shouldn't have got involved - it wasn't clear and obvious enough to justify the VAR intervention.
Solution? A senior ex-professional footballer at Stockley Park - not to make the decisions, but to decide whether or not the VAR can get involved, so the VAR can only stick his nose in if invited to do so.

As you see with the pundits on MOTD all the ex footballers are biased towards the clubs they played for so I can't really see how an ex pro (well at least one who played in the English leagues) could be impartial?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As you see with the pundits on MOTD all the ex footballers are biased towards the clubs they played for so I can't really see how an ex pro (well at least one who played in the English leagues) could be impartial?

How about using an ex-professional who didn't play for either side? They wouldn't be making the rulings anyway - the VAR would do that, or at least recommend the on-field ref to decide. They would just identify the occasions when the VAR should take a look.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
How about using an ex-professional who didn't play for either side? They wouldn't be making the rulings anyway - the VAR would do that, or at least recommend the on-field ref to decide. They would just identify the occasions when the VAR should take a look.

yeah true, I'm not against it! But Spurs v Liverpool and the ex pro played for the Arse? Hmm, uneasy. Based on the recent punditry anyway.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

No way in hell is any ex-player with millions in their bank accounts going to accept £70k a year to sit and receive hate and death threats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here