Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 3-4/5/23

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not even close to a penalty

Referee couldn’t wait to give it, what a shock, classic big 4 home decision
So I was gonna post this before that shambles of a pen and VAR…

Imagine having the clear safety net of the officials completely on your side that these big clubs do - particularly at home. So so so so many little decisions and inconsistencies form Attwell (shock) and his mates. Right from the first min when they had a bloke 5 yards offside and the Lino went to flag it but bottled it. As soon as Fulham we’re inches offside the Lino puts the flag straight up - the ref had to literally let the move finish as that’s the rules - embarrassing. Every soft foul and decision their way.

Then the shambles of a pen. No / barely any contact and clearly Nunez is diving before he gets anywhere near! How have VAR not overturned that!?

The premier league is corrupt and always will be - all the big 6 get pandered to by all officials. Disgraceful.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My streams a bit grainy and the co comm was biased as f*** guessing but I think that’s the softest pen you’ll see and not a pen at all. In fact I’d also wager it wouldn’t have been given to Fulham if it was other way round and also if they dared to give it on the field VAR would’ve been all over sending the ref to the monitor.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Checked Twitter for my sanity - loads of ‘scousers’ saying it wasn’t a pen, dive and soft etc etc etc

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Anyone who thinks that WAS a ‘stonewall’ do you honestly think if that’s a smaller team away at one of the big clubs it’s given? The referee looked like he had ants in his pants he wanted to give it so much.

Absolutely no way, there’s actually zero contact at all until Nunez moves his back leg into Diop but by that point he’s already falling over looking for the contact, some would say clever I say cheating.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Anyone who thinks that WAS a ‘stonewall’ do you honestly think if that’s a smaller team away at one of the big clubs it’s given?

Absolutely no way, there’s actually zero contact at all until Nunez moves his back leg into Diop but by that point he’s already falling over looking for the contact, some would say clever I say cheating.
You must have hated watching Murray

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You must have hated watching Murray
Murray was a master at meneuvuring his body into a position where the opponent was forced to make contact, a bit like what Grealish does.

What Nunez did there was as he was going down and realised there was no contact he dragged his back leg round and initiated the contact, I’ve heard people say that type of thing is clever but like I said it’s not for me.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I thought that was a penalty. Just.

But it is also another situation (of many since VAR arrived) where a free kick in the box would be a punishment more fitting to the crime.
100%.

It was on the corner of the box. Nunez was running out of the box. If he wasn't tripped, he was still going nowhere. Certainly nowhere near a 0.76 xG.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Murray was a master at meneuvuring his body into a position where the opponent was forced to make contact, a bit like what Grealish does.

What Nunez did there was as he was going down and realised there was no contact he dragged his back leg round and initiated the contact, I’ve heard people say that type of thing is clever but like I said it’s not for me.

Yep, Murray did it too, and whether it was for us, or against us at Selhurst, it was cheating and those penalties shouldn't have been given.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Balls. Fulham with a big chance at the end ffs. Very little chance of 5th now
In terms of European qualification, aren't 5th and 6th the same (given who's winning the cups)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here