Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 28/10 - 30/10

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think it's just because Newcastle's sense of entitlement at this level bores me. At no stage did many of their fans consider that they might be anything other than solid mid table contenders this year, rather than relegation candidates as befits a team just promoted from the Championship. Because they are a big club, they automatically seem to think they've a right to be considered Premier League fixtures.

Also, Shelvey. And Matt Ritchie.

Agree about Ritchie. There's a 'punchable little shit' about him, as with Howe and Arter.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't fear any team outside the top 6 now. If you'd said in August I'd be thinking that way I would have said you were mad.

The law of averages says we are bound to get tonked by somebody this season, and it may well end up being one of the less fancied sides, catching us on an off day. I just hope it isn't next Saturday as Mr K is a Swans fan and is going to the game (I'm not, unfortunately, thanks to those jolly Lewes bonfire sorts :nono: ). If they win, he'll be in the spare room for a fortnight :wink:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think it's just because Newcastle's sense of entitlement at this level bores me. At no stage did many of their fans consider that they might be anything other than solid mid table contenders this year, rather than relegation candidates as befits a team just promoted from the Championship. Because they are a big club, they automatically seem to think they've a right to be considered Premier League fixtures.

Also, Shelvey. And Matt Ritchie.
Fair enough, I don't disagree with any of that. Personally I can't see past the idea of who's more likely to be relegated, so I want those teams to drop points.

theboybilly

The law of averages says we are bound to get toned by somebody this season, and it may well end up being one of the less fancied sides, catching us on an off day. I just hope it isn't next Saturday as Mr K is a Swans fan and is going to the game (I'm not, unfortunately, thanks to those jolly Lewes bonfire sorts). If they win, he'll be in the spare room for a fortnight :wink:

I'm not saying we are never going to lose to a team outside the top 6 (we already have of course) but I think we are good enough to give a good account of ourselves in the vast majority of games. If we can remain relatively injury and suspension-free I can see us doing well

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not saying we are never going to lose to a team outside the top 6 (we already have of course) but I think we are good enough to give a good account of ourselves in the vast majority of games. If we can remain relatively injury and suspension-free I can see us doing well

With a transfer or two up front / midfield in January, added to all our strengths, it could get even better.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I don't fear any team outside the top 6 now. If you'd said in August I'd be thinking that way I would have said you were mad.[/QUOTE

Brighton are doing OK so far as a newly-promoted club with 12 points from 10 games but Burnley (16) and Newcastle (14) are doing a bit better.

Also, compared to Burnley you have had a fairly EASY run of fixtures - 2 games against the Big Six compared to Burnley's 4 (all away from home).:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here