Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 27-29/10/23

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Watching Sanchez floundering trying to catch Maupay there was one of the funniest things I’ve seen all season! 😂

But check out how low Neal’s confidence is - how many striker’s would pass that one to a team mate with a wide open goal having not scored for ages, he must have been shitting himself he would miss it poor lad!
Not sure he actually "passed" it - the ball just seemed to get away from him when Sanchez challenged him. He didn't even celebrate.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
No chance with either goal? Are Chelsea that desperate for a point that they send the keeper up for the corner just to hang around ineffectually on the edge of the box? :lolol:
He was on the edge of the 6 yard area and was bumped in the air as the ball came in. Hardly hanging around on the edge of the box.
It was hilarious to watch Maupay, with an 8 yard start on Sanchez, get run down and fail to score in a completely open goal. Fortunately for him, Mbeumo was alongside and no other Chelsea player could be bothered to run back

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Love it but that's not Bob's fault. He will have been told to go up for the corner.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He was on the edge of the 6 yard area and was bumped in the air as the ball came in. Hardly hanging around on the edge of the box.
It was hilarious to watch Maupay, with an 8 yard start on Sanchez, get run down and fail to score in a completely open goal. Fortunately for him, Mbeumo was alongside and no other Chelsea player could be bothered to run back
Well that's just an additional bonus to see Maupay fail to trouble the scoresheet once again :lolol:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Not sure why people are blaming Sanchez for the second, he didn't have much choice as no one else looked remotely like scoring, he might as well go up for the corner and try. I would be more pissed off with the 3 chelsea players he ran past, who didn't seem one bit interested in chasing back.
Yes - whilst funny, I can't see that Sanchez has done anything but make a really good effort to save the goal. Unlike the others in blue.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Yes - whilst funny, I can't see that Sanchez has done anything but make a really good effort to save the goal. Unlike the others in blue.

I think it was Cole Palmer jogging back 5 yards behind Mbeumo and then slowing to a near-walk as Maupay was caught by the greyhound in green. No other Chelsea player was in camera shot.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If you watch the three on the edge of the box it perfectly demonstrates where Chelsea's problems lie.

Oh and :laugh:

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
No chance with either goal? Are Chelsea that desperate for a point that they send the keeper up for the corner just to hang around ineffectually to make up numbers in the box? :lolol:

Brentford :bowdown:
Quite clearly yes. The fact poch sent him up, isn’t his fault for conceding it. There was no way he was there with out getting the nod.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Well done to Sanchez for at least trying. As mentioned, from the second the break was on he left 3 Chelsea players counting their money and caught the 2 attackers. And I've no I'll feeling for Maupay. But did I miss a yellow card before he came on? If so why bring on a player on a card?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As non-Brighton matches go that was SO enjoyable.

I can't believe the commentators never once mentioned the Old Trafford heartbreaker loss for Brentford as it was literally the same match being played iver again, only this time they closed it out in style.

What a beautiful moment that breakaway goal is. Maatsen absolutely bottling a must win challenge with Mbeuno then rolling around as they broke away sums up Chelsea's spineless soft underbelly, Maupay ducking an open goal shot from 30 yards, Sanchez stumbling, Mbeumo passing into an empty net and literally the stadium emptying before the ball had crossed the line. Just wonderful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here