Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 27-28/4/24

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Nothing wrong with it, you’ll see loads of those in a game, defenders do it all the time and nothing is given.

If a ref gives it then so be it but it’s certainly not one for VAR to get involved in.
Were you watching on a radio? 😉😉

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Nothing wrong with it, you’ll see loads of those in a game, defenders do it all the time and nothing is given.

If a ref gives it then so be it but it’s certainly not one for VAR to get involved in.
Yeah defenders do it all the time, but the ref misses them, and they don’t always lead to a goal so VAR can’t then get involved. This led to a goal, so absolutely one for VAR to get involved in.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yeah defenders do it all the time, but the ref misses them, and they don’t always lead to a goal so VAR can’t then get involved. This led to a goal, so absolutely one for VAR to get involved in.
Absolutely not. The ref saw it and didn’t give it. I don’t believe it’s a foul, lots of people agree with my view, some don’t, ultimately it’s subjective. This sort of thing was not what VAR was supposed to get involved with.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Absolutely not. The ref saw it and didn’t give it. I don’t believe it’s a foul, lots of people agree with my view, some don’t, ultimately it’s subjective. This sort of thing was not what VAR was supposed to get involved with.
What surprised me is that the ref did have a clear view and didn't give it, because it was a clear push to gain an advantage. I was expecting him to blow straight away.
Then given that, it was almost strange to see VAR intervening, but definitely the right decision imo
It was just a shame it denied Chelsea the chance to win the match 😭

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think lots of people disagree with you, not just “some”. Not sure the referee did see it until he looked at the screen post VAR check.
There’s lots I hate about VAR but on this one I think it did its job.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

I agree that defenders do it all the time and rarely get penalised (whichgreatly annoys me) but it's still a foul and if you do it in the box leading to a goal it will get penalised every time.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sorry but if that was against us we'd be screaming it was soft
Some of our fans certainly would. But then, if Dunk did a Cantona-style karate kid on an opponent and the ref gave a foul, some of our fans would say it was soft. So I'm not sure that's really a measuring stick to judge a challenge by.

Last edited:

boik

What did you think of the Sheff Wed playoff goal when dunk was shoved from clearing the cross?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here