Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 26-27/12/21

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does it say that after 10 seconds of possession we like to keep the ball in our defensive third a lot more than most (if not all other teams this season), but when we do attack in that 10 second time frame it is more often than not Cucarella doing the attacking.If that isn't it sadly I'm incapable of reading it, but its very pretty to look at.

WIth the added bonus of playing the 5th most passes in order to get nowhere.

But yes it's a lovely little chart.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Does it say that after 10 seconds of possession we like to keep the ball in our defensive third a lot more than most (if not all other teams this season), but when we do attack in that 10 second time frame it is more often than not Cucarella doing the attacking.If that isn't it sadly I'm incapable of reading it, but its very pretty to look at.

Yes.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
To me that chart says that we do get the ball forward fast to the flanks, but then we don't follow up in the middle fast enough, presumably because our strikers are the ones out on the flanks and our midfield hasn't caught up with play yet, or Lamptey/Cucu are out on the flanks and our strikers/midfield are not making themselves available fast enough to receive the ball. Or something like that.

Plus we fanny about at the back a lot.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
BREAKING | Crystal Palace are now just awaiting confirmation from the Premier League that their game against Tottenham Hotspur is OFF tomorrow.

⚠️Palace have now had three members of the playing staff test positive for covid

Thought there was new rules in place? o well

It's on, the PL rejected Palace's request to get it posponed.

[tweet]1475064934622969860[/tweet]

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
They need to advise why for clarity

According to the link below, which is quoting The Athletic

the suggestion is that any outbreak has not impacted availability to the extent that the Premier League would consider a postponement.

The Athletic add that Palace did not even make an official request to have the game called off until ‘the early hours’ of Sunday morning, and only a sudden raft of positive cases would put the match in jeopardy.

Obviously nothing official from the PL or Palace etc. The meeting last week said clubs would be told to play games if they had 13 players plus a goalkeeper available but that didn't clarify if that had to be from the named 25 man squad, or from all players used in first team matches this season, which given the number of youngsters used outside of the 25 man squad would make more sense. They still need to make things clearer.

https://www.football365.com/news/palace-spurs-request-denied-latest-premier-league-farce

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
According to the link below, which is quoting The Athletic

Obviously nothing official from the PL or Palace etc. The meeting last week said clubs would be told to play games if they had 13 players plus a goalkeeper available but that didn't clarify if that had to be from the named 25 man squad, or from all players used in first team matches this season, which given the number of youngsters used outside of the 25 man squad would make more sense. They still need to make things clearer.

https://www.football365.com/news/palace-spurs-request-denied-latest-premier-league-farce

All fine, but I do think they need to be making official statements or numbers etc.

If anything else for the fans to know if a game is likely to go ahead or they are going to be sticking to this rule.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Or Burnley

Didn’t Everton get loads of mysterious (unlikely) injuries overnight to get this one called off. Burnley did not want it called off did they?

As a point of interest how many games have been called off because the “small” team asked for it?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Didn’t Everton get loads of mysterious injuries overnight to get this one called off. Burnley did not want it called off did they?

My point on the league need to say why rather than it’s just off

If they have 3 Covid cases, 7 injuries and one unnamed 31 year out for allegedly being a nonce the game shouldn’t be off

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
So Palace have the strongest 11 minus the goalkeeper and potentially Benteke

Correct call by the league
I did look at the Palace team sheet out of curiosity after they tried to get their match called off and I agree, it's close to their full strength starting 11. Yes, Viera's missing but hope the PL just told them to do one and play

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I did look at the Palace team sheet out of curiosity after they tried to get their match called off and I agree, it's close to their full strength starting 11. Yes, Viera's missing but hope the PL just told them to do one and play

Can a resident Palace troll explain why on earth they’d want to call the game off then? I genuinely don’t get it :shrug:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I wonder if some of this 11 are semi fit.

I think 9/11 are the side that completely destroyed Spurs earlier in the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here