Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 24-26/2/24

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Brentford firmly in the relegation battle now, even more so with the Everton farce. Can't imagine they'll end up in a serious scrap but still a bit surprised they're doing as poorly as they are. They have Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Villa and us in their next six games as well.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If the bottom 6 sides went down and got replaced by the top 6 in the Championship, the standard in the league would improve
3 of the bottom 6 were in the Championship last season, so no surprise they're not great. The other 3 finished about the top 6 of the Championship, so not sure how swapping them would improve the standard.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Brentford firmly in the relegation battle now, even more so with the Everton farce. Can't imagine they'll end up in a serious scrap but still a bit surprised they're doing as poorly as they are. They have Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Villa and us in their next six games as well.
Wonder what odds Toney has got on them going down

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How come, we think our squad/team and football this season is a joy to behold, whilst we mock Moyes and say his team as shit, yet they match us in the table?

My theory …. Bowen and Paqueta are exceptionally good footballers, match winners and game changers, masking a very poor team and negative manager.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
West Ham are shite

How come, we think our squad/team and football this season is a joy to behold, whilst we mock Moyes and say his team as shit, yet they match us in the table?

My theory …. Bowen and Paqueta are exceptionally good footballers, match winners and game changers, masking a very poor team and negative manager.
Most teams would dip with their two most influential players out...

Plus Jared Bowen hardly part of the 'poor' remainder

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Brentford have stopped playing the way they did.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Playing attractive football, and getting results, are not one and the same. I really enjoyed watching Leeds' matches in the Prem under Bielsa because you were guaranteed goals....at both ends.

Plus, of course, Albion fans are as biased as every other fanbase.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Brentford's crossing has been pitiful

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
EDIT: Someone else made the point I was going to make to @Weststander

What's going on with Brentford? I thought they were just missing Toney and when he returned they would go on a good run. Did they sell or lose some other key players who were overlooked? Is this a delayed 2nd season syndrome? With Benham looking to sell the club (or an interest in it) is there something in that going on in the background?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Playing like he had a bet on 4-2 the last few minutes
True but as he stated he is different than all over gamblers and is now cured.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
What's going on with Brentford? I thought they were just missing Toney and when he returned they would go on a good run. Did they sell or lose some other key players who were overlooked? Is this a delayed 2nd season syndrome? With Benham looking to sell the club (or an interest in it) is there something in that going on in the background?
They've certainly had their fair share of injuries during the course of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here