Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 23-25/06/20

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is this technically the latest the league has been won?

Yes. Perversely, they should have won it at the earliest point.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Really don't understand the hatred there is from some posters towards the Scousers, best team by miles this season so well done to them...

:thumbsup:

When did you come of age in football terms? I think for a lot of posters it's to do with liverpool dominating the top division in their formative football years. I just missed that, and for me the hatred was with Man Utd. It has waned a little since they've dropped out of the title picture in recent years.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
When did you come of age in football terms? I think for a lot of posters it's to do with liverpool dominating the top division in their formative football years. I just missed that, and for me the hatred was with Man Utd. It has waned a little since they've dropped out of the title picture in recent years.

No hatred for Liverpool or Man Utd. I can remember growing up with Liverpool winning in Europe during the 70's and it was great,

also no hatred for United but when all is said and done I'm a Brighton supporter so **** em..:shrug:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Is this technically the latest the league has been won?

It’s both the latest the Premier League has been won (by date) and the earliest (by number of games left when winning).

Had the season not been delayed Liverpool would have smashed the record for earliest win by date which is 14th April when Man Utd won the 2000-01 season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No hatred for Liverpool or Man Utd. I can remember growing up with Liverpool winning in Europe during the 70's and it was great,

also no hatred for United but when all is said and done I'm a Brighton supporter so **** em..:shrug:

As a kid I wanted all the English clubs to win their European ties and finals.

Schadenfreude and non-violent tribalism has definitely snowballed in recent decades.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

1972/73 Shankly Era, they were just taking over from a Man Utd/Dirty/Chelsea period.

Mrs Jakarta's family were all Liverpool based being Merchant Navy and were split as being Reds and Blues have never had any bad feelings to either club.

Don't get me started on Man Utd however...:rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here